return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
What what??? Bleu opening in Chitown??
View this Thread in Original format
delobbo
something I read on myspace? has anyone heard anything?
djarecebo
Bleu as in like the club in Detroit?
delobbo
quote:
Originally posted by djarecebo

lücid
quote:
Originally posted by djarecebo

no... bleu cheese!
delobbo
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
no... bleu cheese!

d'ya have to make it so obvious where ur from? :tongue3
djarecebo
quote:
Originally posted by delobbo
d'ya have to make it so obvious where ur from? :tongue3

mmmm upstate Wisconsin!
Aquadyne
dont see what the big deal

nothing special about bleu

and enough clubs in chicago as is.
delobbo
quote:
Originally posted by Aquadyne
dont see what the big deal

nothing special about bleu

and enough clubs in chicago as is.

ur answer is not surprising ;)
RJT
Is it really the same folks who are responsible for Bleu in Detroit?

:conf:

Most of the folks I still speak to in Detroit have insinuated they weren't really making much money (though that's all "club talk" without any real substance that I just happen to have heard consistently), so it's suprising to me they'd be taking a gamble like that (if that is indeed true).

**cue marcus_beier's entry into this thread...**
djarecebo
quote:
Originally posted by RJT
Is it really the same folks who are responsible for Bleu in Detroit?

:conf:

Most of the folks I still speak to in Detroit have insinuated they weren't really making much money (though that's all "club talk" without any real substance that I just happen to have heard consistently), so it's suprising to me they'd be taking a gamble like that (if that is indeed true).

**cue marcus_beier's entry into this thread...**

I wouldn't call it a gamble. I've been to Bleu many many many times and the problem is not the club, it's Detroit. They were booking a lot of djs that I would want to see, but the majority of the Detroit scene wouldn't. (note: this is while I was still living near Detroit, so I cannot claim to know entirely how it is now) There is a trance-phobia in Detroit, that, unfortunately, has managed to bleed into the house genre at times as well, a lot of the time people just mistake house djs for trance. There is a scene that prides itself in being as underground as possible and commercial clubs like Bleu sometimes get screwed due to this mentality. I have a feeling they could be a lot more successful in Chicago -- Especially if they bring the half naked female bartenders + dancers.

Aquadyne
Coyote Ugly and Tequila Roadhouse have that formula on lockdown already

As do at least 25 other clubs in the city - I don't see what Bleu offers that is any different from other clubs which once again brings us back to the question: if Bleu is expanding to Chicago, what's the big deal?
delobbo
quote:
Originally posted by Aquadyne
Coyote Ugly and Tequila Roadhouse have that formula on lockdown already

As do at least 25 other clubs in the city - I don't see what Bleu offers that is any different from other clubs which once again brings us back to the question: if Bleu is expanding to Chicago, what's the big deal?

its something new, nub. ppl love new stuff. :P
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement