return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Passionate Teachers
View this Thread in Original format
Lira
What are some of the most passionate teachers you've ever had?

Back in the preparatory course (after high school and before university) I had a marvellous literature teacher — he would cite every thing by heart, and it often felt like we were watching a film or a play.

At university, I've had two great professors so far: one of them an existentialist philosopher, and the other one was yet another literature professor. They're both really passionate about what they teach, and they're thus able to bond with the students in a very inspiring way.

Share your experiences :)
Aristronica
i forget her name but she gave a hell-of-a blowjob.
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica

I'm talking about the kind of passion that doesn't suck :p
metalgearsolid
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica

lol russian humor.

Yeah my passionate teacher was a literature teacher and the worse one was my american history teacher who tried to hard to convince us.
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I'm talking about the kind of passion that doesn't suck :p

ohh... well... carry on then.
igottaknow
My 8th grade teacher, Debra Lafave, was so passionate she used to stop by my house after school to "tutor" me. :happy2:
gehzumteufel
my high school german teacher. Frau Dahlberg. shes the best teacher i ever had! very open minded and had multiple teaching styles. :)
nchs09
to be honest, i had 1 proffesor who changed my life... and after i took his class i gained a whole new apreciation for history.

my sophmore year of highschool, i had this teacher, cant recall his name.. but he was the history teacher.... i enjoyed his class so much and i remember him saying "guys you neeed to start watching the news, if you dont get educated about whats going on in the world... you will get nowhere, no matter what your grades are etc.." left a lasting impression on me... and after that day i watch the news every day. it has not change my life greatly, but i know that because of it i know and i am informed in what goes on around the world.

i also began to love history, and oddly enough, senior year i took AP history and AP comperative goverment.. and didn not have to take a test in college to graduate... and now i love history classes (y)
wierd though, he was one of those meethead looking guys, but an anwsome history teacher, he was also the wrestling coach
Perfecto Fluoro
My senior year World Issues student teacher (who practically taught the course, the real teacher just left him to it)... he taught me that when you spin breaks, don't listen to the kick, listen to the percussion.

Man he was awesome.

Other than that I never really had any passionate teachers...
bananas
I haven't had any. There was one who head-butted me, but that wasn't really passionate.

Project-K
Too many to list...

There was this politics teacher in college who was like a walking encylopedia. He's the smartest man I ever met, and not just because of his knowledge, but he had the judgement to go with it. At the begining of his class, he would stand in front of the class and go "ok, what do you want to talk about today" (felt like he was putting himself in the open and shouting 'come on, take your best shot you n00blars!' :p ).
Rodrico
My grade 11 english teacher was a really great teacher, he was passionate about his work and the plays or books he made us read. It made me open up to english when I really never took much an interest in it. The only wierd thing was he was a recovering alcoholic and spoke brutally honest about how it ruined his life. In college I had a wisecracking philosophy teacher who always made us laugh at his corny jokes.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement