return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Numark DM1001X & DM1002X
View this Thread in Original format
shompton
I'm looking into a new mixer so that I can get used to using EQ's and such but not looking for anything ridiculous. I read somewhere this was a decent mixer for the money. Has any ever used them and care to voice their opinions? Anyone else have any other recommendations in the $150-$200USD range?
El~ZaPo
For around $200 US I think you can get the Stanton RM-3S.
DJTJ
I have the DM1001 EX (the silver one). It's a good mixer for it's money (I paid £99 for it) but it won't last you for that long. After 7-8 months, the faders are starting to get a bit crackly (the crossfader went ages ago, and I don't even use it), but then again, it's a cheap mixer. For that price, it has a lot of features, and is well laid out, but as I said, it won't last you very long before you will start wanting a new mixer.

The DM1002 is exactly the same, except it has kill switches, so the same basically can be said for that.
Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by DJTJ
I have the DM1001 EX (the silver one). It's a good mixer for it's money (I paid £99 for it) but it won't last you for that long. After 7-8 months, the faders are starting to get a bit crackly (the crossfader went ages ago, and I don't even use it), but then again, it's a cheap mixer. For that price, it has a lot of features, and is well laid out, but as I said, it won't last you very long before you will start wanting a new mixer.

The DM1002 is exactly the same, except it has kill switches, so the same basically can be said for that.

I have the 1002, and i would recommend staying away from it. Like DJTJ was saying, the overall quality is not very good. I love the layout, and the features it has, but the sound quality is very poor and i dont trust the thing to last more than a year. I recommend looking into an equally priced Stanton or Vestax model. They have a much better build to them(so i've heard from many)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement