return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2007

Tips on getting into events for free!
View this Thread in Original format
philippe
After reading that someone managed to get into a VIP area without paying extra, it occurred to me that we should have a thread to share this kind of info.

At The Pawnshop Lounge, the backyard gate is open during business hours... and unguarded most of the time!! I saw several people coming in an out freely from 3rd Avenue.

At the Surfcomber, you can bypass the gate to the pool party by going through the restaurant (Terrazo's?). When you go in the front door, go up the stairs to the right of the elevator as if you were a guest going into your room. At the end of the hallway, do not follow the POOL sign, but enter the restaurant. Proceed to the right past the wall and you can walk into the patio inconspicuously :D

At B.E.D., I hear that you can get in by having dinner there before the show. (OK, it's technically not free, but maybe cheaper.)

At Nikki Beach, the back gate to the beach is not always attended at night... Warning: risky if you do get in at a bad time :nervous:

Or you can attend an event advertised as FREE :p In-store appearances, Cafeteria, some pool parties, etc.

Anyone else?
nchs09
i would not recommend going under the fence @ nikki.....

i think we all remember what happened to felipe:nervous:
vovka
yep, and at ultra, the vip was not guarded AT ALL during the rain, we simply walked in and out around 5 times...but like i said before the vip area was really pointless
kid nyce
I'm sorry to say this but a thread like this is some cheap ass s if you plan on attending WMC. It's actually kinda retarded to post something like this on a site dedicated to the music, the artist, and the production people behind making these parties available to you.

The least you can do is pay your way to get in and not have to go around peoples backs and sneak into . my .02
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by kid nyce
I'm sorry to say this but a thread like this is some cheap ass s if you plan on attending WMC. It's actually kinda retarded to post something like this on a site dedicated to the music, the artist, and the production people behind making these parties available to you.

The least you can do is pay your way to get in and not have to go around peoples backs and sneak into . my .02
*enjoys reading the thread and simultaniously downloads free mp3's*:happy2:
LiquidX
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09

lol yea don't crawl on wet sand people!
pyro264jb
I snuck into ultra through the exit for the last 30 minutes. Friday morning I talked my way into Studio for mandy :)
lücid
quote:

honestly i just see this thread as a logical contradiction/solution to this thread. ;)
kid nyce
now if this thread was about

tips on getting free airplane tickets to WMC, then it'd be more helpful, nickel and diming cover charges mean you didn't plan ahead of time and buy your early....

and if you didn't know you was going until last minute...

neither did i..i booked my flight on Monday the 19th for $303 RT out of NY and I still managed to get into all my parties (except sander cuz i never made it to the terrace)
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by LiquidX
lol yea don't crawl on wet sand people!

WTF? Felipe, you think you're Solid Snake now? :wtf:

:stongue:

philippe
quote:

now if this thread was about

tips on getting free airplane tickets to WMC, then it'd be more helpful, nickel and diming cover charges mean you didn't plan ahead of time and buy your early....

and if you didn't know you was going until last minute...

neither did i..i booked my flight on Monday the 19th for $303 RT out of NY and I still managed to get into all my parties (except sander cuz i never made it to the terrace)

I booked my flight ($10 with frequent flier miles) Tuesday at 23:00 EDT and my hotel (Surfcomber) Wednesday around 15:00 EDT. I checked in Thursday at 10:00 EDT and bought my tickets around noon that day (without even bothering to ask to be put on any guest list). Yes, you can organize your WMC trip that late :D

However, I am aware that many TAs are not as wealthy or resourceful as I am, so I thought that some of them may find this information useful. Sorry if you find that reprehensible. In no way was I advocating breaking the law. If you have better suggestions for everyone, by all means start your own thread :)

And kids, please, please, please, whatever you do... DON'T DO DRUGS!!! :p
MeLLyMeL
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

haha i had such a blast that year
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement