return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Anxiety!
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Nacht
I was just wondering if anyone else here has ever had to deal with this stuff? The last week has been really bad, I keep getting these anxiety attacks and its as if I was bad tripping hardcore. Ive had some pretty rough go down in the last 3 weeks so I was thinking thats what triggered it. Today it was so bad I had to leave work and go to the hospital and wait 8 hours to be prescribed Rivotril. I don't want to become someone who gets dependent on this kind of and im scared of even trying it. Anyone have any comments or stories? I feel alone here :(
Mamzelle Cam
Your not alone =(
DJ Charlie
well you must be anxious about something... is this thing really worth this much of stress ? ask yourself this question.
Try your best to just chill and relax dude.
The mind is greater than any drugs.
all-nite-freak
Panic attacks have also been proven to be hereditary. There are many effective medications to combat this, and you would be suprised at the % of people who suffer the exact same thing (15%)
Dj Nacht
quote:
Originally posted by all-nite-freak
Panic attacks have also been proven to be hereditary. There are many effective medications to combat this, and you would be suprised at the % of people who suffer the exact same thing (15%)

Well my sister had them for over a year and it was pretty bad. Shes perfectly fine now. My mom suppsedly had them when she was young as well. Looks like its my turn, but fuk that! I don't want a turn.
all-nite-freak
The best thing for a healthy mind is a healthy body. Eat lots of vitamin B12, make sure you sleep full nights and keep active. It doesn't cure the problem, but if you are rested, healthy and busy you will see that it will happen alot less. You went through alot of with your illness dude...could be a slight showing of PTSD.(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.)
Caela
quote:
Originally posted by Mamzelle Cam
Your not alone =(

+1...it happens periodically...i agree though, exercise is key. if you keep your body healthy, your mind will follow...
Dj Nacht
Things been really lately 2 man. GF broke up with me after 2 years last week. On top of that ive been paranoid out of my mind the last 2 weeks due to some psycho bashing into my car on purpose. He then somehow got my cell number and called me privately to threaten me. This kind of really freaks me out, especially the fact that he got my cell # and especially the fact that my license plate was bent in half one morning. The police are investigating this guy but in the mean time im always on the edge. Ive also been having problems with my stomach and I must have done every test in the book to check my intestines and all that. The good news is they found nothing and I think its just the anxiety causing that stuff. I just got to ride through this storm and it will be over soon I hope... felt good to get all this off my chest :happy2:
ImmyJ
I work with a lot of people that have different types of anxiety problems. I also have a lot of friends that are also affected, so you're not alone. So here's what I know:

1. There are different types of anxiety: the all pervasive anxiety that never seems to go away and doesn't have a real source (generalized anxiety disorder), sudden crippling anxiety (panic disorder), and anxiety related to something specific that is happening in your life or something you care about (normal, healthy anxiety that everyone has). There are also phobias and other anxiety disorders that are more rare.

2. For all types of anxiety, there are drugs (benzodiazepines and barbituates) that can help, but they only help in the short term. In the long term, you can become dependent on them and the 'rebound effect' (increase in anxiety when you're not on drugs) can really you up. If your anxiety is particularly bad, you can get these prescribed by your doctor but you should combine it with therapy.

3. There are a lot of resources if you are constantly anxious. The best I've found in towm is the cognitive behavior clinic at the queen elizabeth hospital (vendome metro) clinic website . Cognitive behavioral therapy helps you recognize and change the way that you respond to stress. It works like a champ. The other really good thing about the clinic is that it works on a sliding scale and it's really cheap if you're broke.

4. There are certain conitive behavioral therapeutics you can do on your own. I've gleaned the following from this presentation about the 10 steps to control anxiety that I went to with some friends:

a) start an anxiety journal. record what you were doing when you got anxious, how it resolved itself, how you felt.
b) stop and count to 40. this will give you enough time to calm yourself down.
c) if you're in a stressful situation, remove yourself.
d) breathe. when you get anxious, your breathing becomes shallow and this, in turn, increases your anxiety. inhale as slowly as possible, exhale the same way. do this for as long as possible.
e) if there is some situation in your life that's causing anxiety, try to rectify it as soon as possible. also, ask friends/family members for their help.
f) if you're drinking, smoking, eating pills, shoting up, etc., try to stop although this will increase your anxiety as you go through withdrawal.
g) i can't remeber the ret.

5. if it gets really bad, go to the emergency room. there is nothing wrong or bad if you need to stay at a hospital or need a psychologist or therapist. anxiety is an illness just like a cold or a flu or HIV or breaking a leg. it doesn't mean that you will always be ed because i know way too many people that have recovered for this to be the case.

anyway, paix.
Dj Nacht
Thanks for the helpfull info Immyj, its very appreciated.
I would consider my anxiety to be general anxiety disorder because it happens randomly and I can't figure out why its happening. I had some rough situations lately but the anxiety doesn't kick in when I think about them. If things continue I might try that clinic but only as a last resort.

all-nite-freak
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Nacht
Thanks for the helpfull info Immyj, its very appreciated.
I would consider my anxiety to be general anxiety disorder because it happens randomly and I can't figure out why its happening. I had some rough situations lately but the anxiety doesn't kick in when I think about them. If things continue I might try that clinic but only as a last resort.

possible chemical imbalance...don't wait go see a doctor now. In some cases with anxiety it can also be the result of other issues. Better to be safe than sorry. Don't bother with a walk in clinic..Call the Clsc or a family doctor. If you do start medication, you absolutely need to be followed by a doctor. It can take a few different medications before you find the right one that works for you. You will also have more access to referrals and treatment options with them. The bad side of medication is that it usually takes about 2 weeks to start working and can have effects on you like excessive tiredness until they take hold.
Caela
quote:
Originally posted by all-nite-freak

eeesh...i don't know but i'm so very against prescription drugs to "fix" the problem. just like every other drug, it's only temporary...

the mind is very powerful, and if you give it a little patience and encouragement, you'll be surprised what it can do.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement