return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Nero Alternative - Suggestions Please?
View this Thread in Original format
Jarvmeister
Right,

Anyone know of any decent Nero alternative? I cannot use it for reasons i needn't go into, I have a technical issue that cannot be resolved. I'm also running Vista Ultimate.

I was wondering if anyone is able to recommend an alternate to nero for burning audio CDs with track info?

Currently my machine is in a dual boot config and I cannot be foooooooooked to restart everytime i wanna burn a track.

Cheers all

Jarv
Mmanu
Sonic
Jarvmeister
Nice one!

Happily burning tagged audio, in fact spinning with them, as I type!

NICE (High five!!)

Jarv
jupiterone
quote:
Originally posted by Mmanu
Sonic

The Hedgehog.
AnomalyConcept
Have fun using Vista.

Good luck with all the driver issues, software incompatibilities, and all the 'technical issues' that you cannot resolve.

As for alternatives to burning audio CDs, I don't know of any that I've used. It's been Nero 6 for a while for me.

There's always gnome-coaster or k3b and the like, but that probably doesn't help you any.
Jarvmeister
Vista is awesome.

Naturally there are a few teething issues, but in the 2 months of using it thus far the only problem I have had is with games, hence the dual boot. The issue with Nero is my own fault for tinkering where I shouldn't and I don't have the time or patience to entirely remove it.

People slam Vista just cos it's the 'vogue' thing to do, and they're following the crowd. It's very tiresome.

Jarv
T-Soma
If you want to know why people don't like vista then read through some of the production forum.
Jarvmeister
quote:
Originally posted by T-Soma
If you want to know why people don't like vista then read through some of the production forum.

Which is again something that perplexes me. So, you've got a problem and cannot work properly under Vista? Surely the solution is to switch back to XP in the meantime, or at the very least set up a dual boot system.

Let's not forget that this is the platform that Microsoft have provided, if software doesn't work on that platform, or drivers perform poorly then it's the responsibility of those vendors, not Microsoft. The beta version was available around the middle of last year, which should have been more than enough time for the various authors to write solutions. Some rose to it, others didn't.

I just tire of everyone bashing MS, just cos it's the easiest thing to do. :(

Jarv
Import
quote:
Originally posted by Jarvmeister
I just tire of everyone bashing MS, just cos it's the coolest thing to do. :(

Fixed

Cause owning a pc is uncool now, you need a mac :rolleyes:
Jarvmeister
quote:
Originally posted by Import
Fixed

Cause owning a pc is uncool now, you need a mac :rolleyes:

I will concede that macs are way cooler. I just have no clue how to use one. :conf:

Jarv

Import
quote:
Originally posted by Jarvmeister
I will concede that macs are way cooler. I just have no clue how to use one. :conf:

Jarv

I was pretty excited when my brother got his, it faded when i realised it wasent that amazing, sure its a good computer, but it in no way makes the PC as obsolete as so many mac fanboys will have you believe.
DJ RANN
at the same time this thread should not be mac vs pc, I gotta put in my 2c.

vista is a piece of cos bugger all works on it and that is microsoft's fault, as they do beta testing on the general public, and like how they mad vista beta available last year, I mean by releasing products that are not ready, then bringing out "service packs" once the public find all the problems for them. there is a reason intel has decided not to sell any pc's with vista installed on them for a year! too much tech support!

as for macs, yeah they may look cool, but how does a company around slagging of pc chips for years then suddenly switch to them? also they are a rip off, pound for pound if you take the sort of money that a mac costs and go to any custom pc (not dell) builder you will get a much more powerful machine.

anyway back to the thread; try using wavelab, you can edit, rip, burn everything, no need to use anything else.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement