return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

New Chicago Places
View this Thread in Original format
Blake613
I'm bored with Sound-bar, Vision, etc...

I've recently been having fun at Smartbar. Does anyone have any recommendations for:

1. House lounges
2. Club style places
3. Minimal amount of people from the suburbs

I generally stick to the loop, river north, lincoln park, lakeview, wicker park
delobbo
Ohm, Narcisse, Republic, just off the top of my head. You probably already know Funky Buddha Lounge, Zentra, etc..
Aquadyne
Virgin Lounge, Ohm, Lava Lounge are all quality
Blake613
quote:
Originally posted by Aquadyne
Virgin Lounge, Ohm, Lava Lounge are all quality

The last two times that I have been to Ohm, it didn't get busy until 2AM+. Forgive me; I am getting old and I usually call it a night at 2AM (I'm 23 heheh).

The guy that I used to get records from on Reckless Records on Broadway was DJ'ing (Jason, John?) some good house music.
delobbo
quote:
Originally posted by Blake613
The last two times that I have been to Ohm, it didn't get busy until 2AM+. Forgive me; I am getting old and I usually call it a night at 2AM (I'm 23 heheh).

The guy that I used to get records from on Reckless Records on Broadway was DJ'ing (Jason, John?) some good house music.

Ok then, try Excalibur. They are usually pretty bumpin' by 9pm.
Aquadyne
i assume he wants good music to go with the venue
Blake613
quote:
Originally posted by delobbo
Ok then, try Excalibur. They are usually pretty bumpin' by 9pm.

I need to add another criteria:

No suburban people (dumb blonds from Naperville, Park Ridge) etc...
delobbo
hehe.. srry I couldn't resist.

dude it sounds like you've been to or know of most of the places already. Sounds like you were looking for some kind of awesome underground Chicago club that nobody's heard of.. I dunno if that exists.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement