return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Flight Cases
View this Thread in Original format
saltytheseagull
I'm looking at buying some flight cases for my gear. I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on Odyssey vs. Road Ready. Or is the something else out there that is even better?
discobiscuit
if money isnt an option, yes there are better cases out there than the two...
saltytheseagull
What are they?
DjWoody
I have owned plenty of Flight Cases. And I learned that this is one area where you wanna get the best available. Remember, flight cases protect your equipment. For best protection make sure you get ATA Flight cases, not EUROSTYLE. Eurostyle fall apart quick. ATA are tanks!

This is my brand preference, in order.

1.- ANVIL CASES. They have a lifetime warranty, and they are the best cases I worked with. Built like tanks!

2.- ROAD RUNNER CASES
3.- ROAD READY
4.- ODYSSEY ATA Flight Cases.

:D
RJT
I have custom Grundorf ATA rated cases for my decks and I'm supremely happy.

Highly recommended.
Progress Ent.
quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
I have owned plenty of Flight Cases. And I learned that this is one area where you wanna get the best available. Remember, flight cases protect your equipment. For best protection make sure you get ATA Flight cases, not EUROSTYLE. Eurostyle fall apart quick. ATA are tanks!

This is my brand preference, in order.

1.- ANVIL CASES. They have a lifetime warranty, and they are the best cases I worked with. Built like tanks!

2.- ROAD RUNNER CASES
3.- ROAD READY
4.- ODYSSEY ATA Flight Cases.

:D

Road Runner is Road Ready. They changed the name.
saltytheseagull
Yeah I'm definitely looking at the ATA ones. Is the difference between the Anvil ones, Grundorf ones, and the Road Runner/Ready ones the warranty or is there a build quality difference too?
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by saltytheseagull
Yeah I'm definitely looking at the ATA ones. Is the difference between the Anvil ones, Grundorf ones, and the Road Runner/Ready ones the warranty or is there a build quality difference too?

Grundorf cases are all carpeted - which is just sexy nice.

Built like tanks.
nefardec
What do you guys recommend about actually bringing equipment overseas on a flight?

I will be living in Rome starting in august for a while and I would really like to have my equipment with me.

Is it better to mail it beforehand or to check it as I am going?

I have no idea how I am going to secure everything/pack it
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement