return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
China seeks to build first "Women Town"
View this Thread in Original format
Aristronica
source

"Women's town" to put men in their place

Thu Apr 26, 9:04 AM ET

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese tourism authorities are seeking investment to build a novel concept attraction -- the world's first "women's town," where men get punished for disobedience, an official said Thursday.

The 2.3-square-km Longshuihu village in the Shuangqiao district of Chongqing municipality, also known as "women's town," was based on the local traditional concept of "women rule and men obey," a tourism official told Reuters.

"Traditional women dominate and men have to be obedient in the areas of Sichuan province and Chongqing, and now we are using it as an idea to attract tourists and boost tourism," the official, surname Li, said by telephone.

The tourism bureau planned to invest between 200 million yuan ($26 million) and 300 million yuan in infrastructure, roads and buildings, Li said.

"We welcome investors from overseas and nationwide to invest in our project," he added.

The motto of the new town would be "women never make mistakes, and men can never refuse women's requests," Chinese media have reported.

When tour groups enter the town, female tourists would play the dominant role when shopping or choosing a place to stay, and a disobedient man would be punished by "kneeling on an uneven board" or washing dishes in restaurant, media reports said.

The project, begun in the end of 2005, was expected to take three to five years to finish.
mezzir
rofl what man in his right mind's gonna wanna live there?
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by mezzir

some people are down with the kinky .
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica
source

"Women's town" to put men in their place

Thu Apr 26, 9:04 AM ET

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese tourism authorities are seeking investment to build a novel concept attraction -- the world's first "women's town," where men get punished for disobedience, an official said Thursday.

The 2.3-square-km Longshuihu village in the Shuangqiao district of Chongqing municipality, also known as "women's town," was based on the local traditional concept of "women rule and men obey," a tourism official told Reuters.

"Traditional women dominate and men have to be obedient in the areas of Sichuan province and Chongqing, and now we are using it as an idea to attract tourists and boost tourism," the official, surname Li, said by telephone.

The tourism bureau planned to invest between 200 million yuan ($26 million) and 300 million yuan in infrastructure, roads and buildings, Li said.

"We welcome investors from overseas and nationwide to invest in our project," he added.

The motto of the new town would be "women never make mistakes, and men can never refuse women's requests," Chinese media have reported.

When tour groups enter the town, female tourists would play the dominant role when shopping or choosing a place to stay, and a disobedient man would be punished by "kneeling on an uneven board" or washing dishes in restaurant, media reports said.

The project, begun in the end of 2005, was expected to take three to five years to finish.

I think that's ing cool. But many Asian women are quite in control anyway.

My Stepmother is Chinese. She rocks. She totally PWNZ my dad. It's absolutely beautiful to see. My dad is quite a tool (we don't get along haha), and dad thinks he's the ing man. This excellent woman ( <3 <3 <3 ) puts him in his place so sweet...

Just a few words from her, and you just get that look from my dad - You know? The one that says "I got all... :( "

Simply....cool as .
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
I think that's ing cool. But many Asian women are quite in control anyway.

My Stepmother is Chinese. She rocks. She totally PWNZ my dad. It's absolutely beautiful to see. My dad is quite a tool (we don't get along haha), and dad thinks he's the ing man. This excellent woman ( <3 <3 <3 ) puts him in his place so sweet...

Just a few words from her, and you just get that look from my dad - You know? The one that says "I got all... :( "

Simply....cool as .

so it's typical for chinese women to dominate?
kadomony
Sin City ripoff :rolleyes:
metalgearsolid
quote:
Originally posted by mezzir

Well there is a female shortage in China...so I would say lots of them.
Sand Leaper
quote:
Originally posted by kadomony
Sin City ripoff :rolleyes:

I thought of that immediately as well.
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by metalgearsolid
Well there is a female shortage in China...so I would say lots of them.

You forgot the fact they are making themselves unapprochable ( females that is )
AndreaCKY772
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica
some people are down with the kinky .

true words

Lira
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
But many Asian women are quite in control anyway.

I thought that was universal :p
inconspicuous
heard about this on the news. What garbage.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement