return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Refusing To Move Into the 21st Century
View this Thread in Original format
haider
Is it time I digitize my massive CD collection and just kiss the sorry ass cases goodbye? it sure does take up a lot of space in my bedroom, :(

I just don't want to turn into a pack rat like my parents
delobbo
Im all for it man, you should digitize your collection. If you need any help whatsoever, please let me know, I will be very glad to help. thx
delobbo
btw if your starting out from scratch, shoot for at least 224kbps.. hell do 256kbps. If you really wanna go nuts, go 320kbps. But, I think you will be very happy with 256. If you have no idea what Im talking about, we need to talk. :D
techhouse_junky
Oh man, just be sure to back up. I fried my comp and lost all my cd's when I destroyed my car....ed x 2
delobbo
good advice... had it happen to myself once a few years ago.... big loss.. haider whatever HD you buy.... get 2. one is a backup. "it will be worth it...."
cmay119
Forget backing songs up into MP3 if you're starting from scratch. Use a lossless audio format like OGG-Vorbis or FLAC. They are compressed to the size of that of an MP3 but have the audio quality of a .WAV File.
delobbo
quote:
Originally posted by cmay119
Forget backing songs up into MP3 if you're starting from scratch. Use a lossless audio format like OGG-Vorbis or FLAC. They are compressed to the size of that of an MP3 but have the audio quality of a .WAV File.

overkill
haider
I have decided to back up in Windows Media Audio (Lossless Audio). Takes up some more space, but hell, I love my music
razzi
quote:
Originally posted by haider
Is it time I digitize my massive CD collection and just kiss the sorry ass cases goodbye? it sure does take up a lot of space in my bedroom, :(

I just don't want to turn into a pack rat like my parents

now imagine if all of those were vinyl.. its funny that just a few years ago the 'digitizing' of music was wax to cd... now its cd to comp. what next?

razzi
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement