return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Other > Political Discussion / Debate

Pages: [1] 2 
What happens if the Iraqi Government votes to get us out of their country?
View this Thread in Original format
MisterOpus1
Would we go?

Should we go?

It might just happen sooner than we think:

quote:
Radical Shiite politicians pressed Thursday for legislation demanding a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S.-led troops and a freeze on the number of foreign forces already in the country – even as the U.S. Congress debates the fate of the troubled mission.
The proposed Iraqi legislation, drafted by the parliamentary bloc loyal to anti-American Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, was signed by 144 members of the 275-member house, according to parliamentary officials.

The Sadrist bloc, which holds 30 parliamentary seats and sees the U.S.-led forces as an occupying army, has pushed similar bills before, but this would be the first time it persuaded a majority of lawmakers to sign on.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/...-1524-iraq.html

The majority signed on the bill wanting us to get the hell out. As Republican Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell said:

quote:
Citing media reports, McConnell said some lawmakers in Iraq's parliament wanted a vote to ask the United States to leave.

"I want to assure you, if they vote to ask us to leave, we'll be glad to comply with their request," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070513...Wlca2waWQ8E1vAI

Shall we be assured? Does this Administration share that same sentiment? Would Bush dare to occupy the Iraqis against the will of the majority Iraqi government?

If they want us out, should we do just that?
Q5echo
if Sadr manages to get enough votes in Parliament then yes, we would go. we would have to.

...but guess what your party and your nutroot friends and Sadr have in common? it's a very unenviable position IMO.

he won't get the votes. Sadr is an Iranian puppet. Iraqis aren't that stupid.
hardcore trancer
There is no way Bush would let go of that oil come on!!!! :p
MisterOpus1
quote:
Originally posted by Q5echo
if Sadr manages to get enough votes in Parliament then yes, we would go. we would have to.

...but guess what your party and your nutroot friends and Sadr have in common? it's a very unenviable position IMO.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about YOUR party.

Afterall, Negroponte has this darn bad habit of having death squads follow him wherever he's involved.

quote:
he won't get the votes. Sadr is an Iranian puppet. Iraqis aren't that stupid.

He's not the only Iranian puppet. And he's got 144 signatures, which for the first time is the majority of Iraqi parliament (275). The number appears to be growing, not shrinking.
Q5echo
>The US and Iran will meet in Baghdad to discuss Iraqi Security<

god Iran sucks.
Q5echo
quote:
Originally posted by MisterOpus1
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about YOUR party.

Afterall, Negroponte has this darn bad habit of having death squads follow him wherever he's involved.

:haha:

you made a joke, congrats.
MisterOpus1
quote:
:haha:

you made a joke, congrats.

Well the best jokes usually involve reality.

Except I don't think I was joking, was I?

Oh well.
hardcore trancer
quote:
>The US and Iran will meet in Baghdad to discuss Iraqi Security<

god Iran sucks.

But wait I thought you guys dont negotiate with the terrorists??so whats happening here?
everett
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore trancer
There is no way Bush would let go of that oil come on!!!! :p

Yeah it's a good thing Bush went into Iraq to get that oil, our gas prices have been the lowest they've been in YEARS.

/sarcasm
hardcore trancer
quote:
Originally posted by everett
Yeah it's a good thing Bush went into Iraq to get that oil, our gas prices have been the lowest they've been in YEARS.

/sarcasm

so therfor he lost everything from going to Iraq,no stability,no oil,well he did remove that evil Saddam tho lol not that it made any difference for the Iraqi people :(

spiflicated
quote:
Originally posted by everett

/sarcasm

Yeah because Bush is concerned about the price of gasoline and not the record profits reported by his cronies at the oil companies.

/sarcasm
shaolin_Z
We would validate the obvious LOL.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement