return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
tylenol 3 + alcohol
View this Thread in Original format
r5a
Anyone know if this is a BAD idea? like should I be doing this? my buddy is going to go out drinking tonight and he's on T3s.
UWM
Tylenol + Alcohol = Angry Liver
r5a
explain.
david.michael
Tylenol 3 = bad for liver

Alcohol = bad for liver

Tylenol 3 + Alcohol = _____________________
r5a
i mean how bad?
Omega_M
quote:
Chronic alcohol use activates enzymes that transform acetaminophen (Tylenol and others) into chemicals that can cause liver damage, even when the medicine is used in standard amounts.

A person need not be a chronic drinker to suffer damage. Taking acetaminophen after a weekend drinking binge can prove fatal. The amount of alcohol and acetaminophen necessary for this toxic reaction varies from person to person, and thus, unfortunately, it is not possible to give guidelines for safe alcohol ingestion with acetaminophen use. It is best to avoid this combination of drugs if at all possible!

By itself, taken in doses greater than 150 mg/kg/24 hr (>10 g, which is 20 caplets of Extra-Strength Tylenol), acetaminophen is a well-recognized cause of acute liver failure. Due to the effect of alcohol upon acetaminophen metabolism, doses generally considered to be nontoxic (<10 g/24 hr, or fewer than 20 caplets of Extra-Strength Tylenol per day) have caused acute toxic effects in the liver when moderate to large amounts of alcohol are also ingested. Severe hepatotoxicity may occur after ingestion of as little as 4 g (8 extra-strength caplets) in 24 hours when combined with alcohol.

Alternative painkillers are not entirely free of danger either. Ibuprofen, such as Advil and Motrin, can cause stomach bleeding if taken in large doses or with 3 or more alcoholic drinks per day. It should also not be taken in combination with acetaminophen unless under a doctor's direction.

Link
UWM
It's really bad for your liver. Not that the 15 cocktails by themselves aren't, but combining the two can lead to real liver damage.
Slylee
just do some blow

*edit*

do A LOT of blow
Silky Johnson
It's not just the liver, it's also that T3's have codeine in them...which means there is an increased CNS depressant effect when combined with alcohol. Bad news. Just don't go getting -faced. It's a risk that's not worth taking man.
get nyce
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
just do some blow

*edit*

do A LOT of blow

right!

xanax and wine
vikes and beer

r5a
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
It's not just the liver, it's also that T3's have codeine in them...which means there is an increased CNS depressant effect when combined with alcohol. Bad news. Just don't go getting -faced. It's a risk that's not worth taking man.
yeah that's what im telling him. thanks.

thx guys.
Silky Johnson
It's like that with almost any narcotic, also benzodiazepines, and barbituates too. I had a friend who died this very way. Was taking prescription benzos, had a bunch to drink, then went to sleep and never woke up. :/
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement