return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Next Time Your Doing Business in Mother Russia
View this Thread in Original format
jfk-pilot
quote:
Doing Business in Russia?
Don't unless you can answer the following:

Q

You arrive for the first meeting with your Russian colleagues, and immediately present them with your business card. They eagerly accept it, but fail to return one to you. You are perplexed...does this mean they do not look forward to being able to contact you?

show answer

Q

You ask your Russian colleagues for a decision on the issue you have been negotiating for quite some time, and, once again, they stall and evade making a decision. In addition, they clearly remind you of their displeasure with your behavior and the pressure you are exerting. What to do?

show answer

Q
You meet your Russian colleague for the third time, and he rushes up to you, gives you a big bear hug in front of your entire team, and plants a kiss on your cheek. You are startled, and not a little embarrassed. How to respond?

show answer

Q
Your Russian colleague makes a toast in your honor, and you raise the glass of vodka to your lips. You glance down into the shot glass, and quickly gulp the fiery liquid down. You look up only to find your Russian hosts looking disapprovingly back at you. What did you do wrong?

show answer

Q Your Russian hosts invite you to a dinner at their small apartment in Moscow. You realize this is quite an honor, and perhaps a great inconvenience for your Russian hosts, so you arrive loaded down with many delicacies, and immediately enter the apartment when they open the door. Although your hosts are obviously pleased with your kind gesture, they also seem a bit put-off by your generosity. You wonder what you might have done wrong.

show answer

© 2000 Dean Foster Associates

click here for the answers
wienerschnitzel
lol i love russians.
jfk-pilot
quote:
Originally posted by wienerschnitzel
lol i love russians.

and we love you too.:toothless
Ygrene
quote:
Originally posted by wienerschnitzel
lol i love russians.

Answer: Russians want you to love them but, first you must help them make a Sunday morning breakfast. After you have shown your skills using a cast iron skillet you will be presented to a small, weathered woman wearing a babushka. She will then declare whether or not you may love Russians by throwing a salt shaker at your head. If you block the shaker with your left hand, you do not love Russians. If you block it with your right hand, you DO love Russians. This ritual will be punctuated with hearty, bellowing laughter.
Slylee
if i go to someone's house with nice carpet, i always take my shoes off right away:p
tranceDJ
I also remember learning in International Business class that when Russians open a bottle of vodka it is always customary to finish the entire bottle...crazy Russians:D
jfk-pilot
quote:
Originally posted by tranceDJ
I also remember learning in International Business class that when Russians open a bottle of vodka it is always customary to finish the entire bottle...crazy Russians:D

yea we dont like to leave left overs
Slylee
i heard they all start drinking vodka around lunch time...

:wtf:
jfk-pilot
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
i heard they all start drinking vodka around lunch time...

:wtf:

trooff
Slylee
what are russian mothers like?

jfk-pilot
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
what are russian mothers like?

cant really speak for everyone, but my mom, was never afraid to take a nice leather belt and make few marks on my back or ass with it, whenever i did something wrong, most russian mothers know how to cook really well, and can be very strict at times. WHile some russian mothers are still club heads and there like in their 40's and dont really give a crap about anything.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement