return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Question about Dj equipment...
View this Thread in Original format
italianboy7
I looking to buy dj equipment but do not know what i need. I also want to buy equipment to make beats and produce trance music. Any suggestions on what i need i am looking to spend about 1500 - 2000.
Mr.Mystery
Well, you might want to start by reading the correct forums first.
Ygrene
CDJ-200 x2 $800
DJM-400 $550
HDJ-1000 $150
KRK Rokit RP-5 x2 $300
Total $1800

Nice little budget set-up.

p.s. - Yes, DJ Booth is better for this. :)
darouge11
I found reason 3.0 on the net
mto
If you're trying to 'produce' music or make beats, then you do not need to purchase DJing equipment. I just wanted to clear that up.

I assume you're in a Windows platform and for that particular platform you can find lots of software online that will allow you to make music.

I suggest you download Fruity Loops Studio which is a very easy sequencer to use. It has sampling features, mixing features, and it allows you to use many plug-ins which are commonly called VSTs.

Stay away from Propellerheads Reason, because for a newbie it will do you no good. Its far too complicated to use.

Last, do not purchase any DJing equipment, such as turntables and mixers, you do not need these to make beats or make music.

When you DJ you play music to people, not make it.

You might wanna invest in some good headphones though or studio monitors (speakers) they will allow you to track your stuff accurately. KRK RP5's are great and run about $150 a pop. Don't buy them right away though. Start off with a nice pair of 100 dollar headphones to monitor your tracks and then when you realize wheather you should invest more money into it, then make more purchases.

P.S. - If you are also trying to record vocals, you will need an interface along with a good condenser microphone. M-Audio Mobile Pre USB is a great interface for $150 and M-Audio Nova Condenser is a great large diaphragm mic for $99 dollars.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement