return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
ICC digital printing profiling
View this Thread in Original format
jdat
anyone know anything about ICC profiling for digital printing applications( uv flatbed printing, solvent inkjet based, all using CMYK cm and CMYK cmyk ( that's for light CMYK ).

I am hesitating between ICC profiling options but due to the fact they make use of the CIELAB gamut I dunno .... duller colours, lowered wow factor for the end customer etc etc

looked into various 4D type profiling options but it's hard to make out what's real and what's just commercial mumbo gumbo from companies wanting you to spend 5K on a piece of software.

if you have no clue what I'm talking about don't bother :p
nchs09
ah yes, the good ol CMYK, i prefer the JLOK myself though.
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09
ah yes, the good ol CMYK, i prefer the JLOK myself though.

I am aiming at switching all the production at my company to a SWOP certified environnement

Fogra directives under the cover of ECI partnership seems interesting but too new and not industry widespread enough to justify the cert+workflow mod process
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by jdat
I am aiming at switching all the production at my company to a SWOP certified environnement

Fogra directives under the cover of ECI partnership seems interesting but too new and not industry widespread enough to justify the cert+workflow mod process
dude wtf i just totally made up whatever i wrote in my first post

i think i fooled you :P
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09
dude wtf i just totally made up whatever i wrote in my first post

i think i fooled you :P

I knew you were talking

connase
nchs09
quote:
I knew you were talking

connase
touche :(
Marc Summers
too many acronyms, didn't read
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by Marc Summers
TMA,DR
FIXED!
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by Marc Summers
too many acronyms, didn't read

International Color Consortium (ICC)
General Requirements for Applications in Commercial Offset Lithography (GRACoL)
SWOP - Specifications Web Offset Publications
[Fogra Graphic Technology Research Association]

I know you care :D
gehzumteufel
my buddy is in the printing industry ill ask him what they use.

btw what's the advantage of swop over cmyk? cmyk is what my buddy uses. he's in the lfp litho business.

jdat
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
my buddy is in the printing industry ill ask him what they use.

btw what's the advantage of swop over cmyk? cmyk is what my buddy uses. he's in the lfp litho business.

cmyk cyan magenta yellow black ... the basic printing colours

swop is just a standardized profile some companies use. If you want to run a swop certified shop you gotta do regular profiling of your machines with your various machines, and printed media.

swop is one among many. each have pros and cons.

I'm sure your friends company adheres to certain profiling specs especially in litho ...

these standards define best process practices as well as profiling and colour gamut rules.

I work in an all digital printing company but no one seems to know how to answer my question as to which standards would be best for use to adhere to.

I think the solvents are getting to me :wtf: ( funny the two top machines are the biggest machines we run ... and the bottom two are the smallest ... )

I been reading, breathing working sleeping this crap non stop since the end of march ... I need to chill
gehzumteufel
quote:
cmyk cyan magenta yellow black ... the basic printing colours

swop is just a standardized profile some companies use. If you want to run a swop certified shop you gotta do regular profiling of your machines with your various machines, and printed media.

swop is one among many. each have pros and cons.

I'm sure your friends company adheres to certain profiling specs especially in litho ...

these standards define best process practices as well as profiling and colour gamut rules.

I work in an all digital printing company but no one seems to know how to answer my question as to which standards would be best for use to adhere to.

I think the solvents are getting to me :wtf: ( funny the two top machines are the biggest machines we run ... and the bottom two are the smallest ... )

I been reading, breathing working sleeping this crap non stop since the end of march ... I need to chill

I knew what cmyk is. I just now realized after reading your response that I mixed up cmyk with icc.

and my buddy does lots of lfp (large format printing) so they are printing huge things. the company he used to work for does the banners and stuff for apple, blizzard, E3, coke, and lots of other big names.

haha well then sounds like the new job is going well then?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement