return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
One track CD's
View this Thread in Original format
sandsideapache
Just as a matter of interest, is there anyone else out there that Dl's and transfers to a cd without using cue-sheets ? It just looks too complicated for me to even attempt it. Please respond as I'd hate to be the one and only dumplin' on this site !!
(please take into consideration Im ancient and a computer rank-amateur) Can still dance like a young-thing tho'.
tubularbills
quote:
Originally posted by sandsideapache
Just as a matter of interest, is there anyone else out there that Dl's and transfers to a cd without using cue-sheets ? It just looks too complicated for me to even attempt it. Please respond as I'd hate to be the one and only dumplin' on this site !!
(please take into consideration Im ancient and a computer rank-amateur) Can still dance like a young-thing tho'.

nope there isn't.
washout
if u mean when u have a liveset, just burning the to a cd as opposed to usig acue sheet to split it into tracks.
i avoid the because i never figured cue sheets out and burning with them and burning images and .
im sure if you searched, theres some directions on how to do it here on ta.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
quote:

u really need to break em up....if u don't have a cue sheet available, u can easily break it up using audio programs such as Soundforge...which is what I use for my mixes, and its really easy to do. You may have to convert to .wav for some but thats nothing. Whatever program u use, just search for a quick guide on how to set the markers and extract them.
Omega_M
cue sheets are cool beans. you guys should use them.
[mart]
I have burnt single track CDs in the past, and they're not particularly practical. Does the program you use to burn discs not allow you to split your one file into several tracks?
AnomalyConcept
I just create a cue sheet (listen to the one mp3 and get rough cuepoints) and use Burrrn to burn the audio disc.
Lira

Best one-track CD ever :D
all-nite-freak
doing a cue sheet is ing easy and if you have no computer savy you aren't allowed listening to electronic music...plz stick to country and 8 track.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by washout
if u mean when u have a liveset, just burning the to a cd as opposed to usig acue sheet to split it into tracks.
i avoid the because i never figured cue sheets out and burning with them and burning images and .
im sure if you searched, theres some directions on how to do it here on ta.

if you cant figure out how to use them then you must really suck. EVERY burning program that is popular can use them. yes i said that. EVERY popular burning program. nero, cdrwin, alcohol, blindwrite, fireburner...need i mention more?

quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
u really need to break em up....if u don't have a cue sheet available, u can easily break it up using audio programs such as Soundforge...which is what I use for my mixes, and its really easy to do. You may have to convert to .wav for some but thats nothing. Whatever program u use, just search for a quick guide on how to set the markers and extract them.

dont break them up. use a cue sheet. it is a lot better, faster, easier, less hassle, gapless burning, track titles (as in CDTEXT) and other things as well. cue sheets are basically text files. :) get one for some other audio cd and then modify it for your target cd. :)

sandsideapache
quote:
Originally posted by all-nite-freak
doing a cue sheet is ing easy and if you have no computer savy you aren't allowed listening to electronic music...plz stick to country and 8 track.

Kiss it !
Spacey Orange
quote:

i only did that when i was a complete noobler. see the thread:http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...6&forumid=61&s=

if that thread's too much, you can do it in six easy steps.

1. download and install cdrwin from goldenhawk technology. its free for 2x speed. (or was some time ago.)
2. open a new text file.
3. copy and paste a cue sheet from another and replace the titles and times with your own. such as the following

quote:
FILE "Name_of_Your_File.mp3" MP3

TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TITLE "Artist - Song "

TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 01 05:47:00
TITLE "Artist - Song"

TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 01 12:55:00
TITLE "Artist - Song"

TRACK 04 AUDIO
INDEX 01 18:25:55
TITLE "Artist - Song"

TRACK 05 AUDIO
INDEX 01 24:49:30
TITLE "Artist - Song"

4. save the text file as a .cue (i usually name the cue file the same as the music file but i don't think it's necessary)

5. dump the cue file and music file in the same folder.

6. open cdrwin, load the cue file, and click on the burn button.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement