return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
EMERSION Thursday 7/19 @ Vision w/ Jimmie Page, Topher Jones, Denys Envy, KCR & D!G!T
View this Thread in Original format
wolverine16

Thursday night in the Vision lair we welcome another great group of locals and special guests from out of town. Usual rules apply: no cover, no dress code,$3 doestics & 1/2 price appetizers, excessive fog machine use.

JIMMIE PAGE - ULTRA SATELLITE RADIO

Chicago has been renowned of playing a major part of the birth of underground house music. Embarking on the scene, Jimmie landed rotating guest spots at arguably one of Chicago's first and best underground club SHELTER working with the legendary Chicago promoter Dave Medusa. Jimmie's unique sound of progressive & funky house music, aggression and deck skills, caught the attention of fellow peers. Soon after, the offers started coming in for residencies and guest spots. Jimmie played an integral part of the development of Chicago's progressive scene, which now trail blazes the city's nightlife. With a wave of nightclub openings in Chicago, Jimmie was the top contender to attain his first residency. This was the beginning of a trail for ensuing residencies and countless guest spots in Chicago and abroad. In the Dj booth, Jimmie has hosted with the best Djs and Producers the world has to offer. Armin Van Buuren, Donald Glaude, Mauro Picotto, Christopher Lawrence, Carl Cox, Chemical Brothers, DJ Dan, George Acosta are only a noted few from an immeasurable list. As the underground music grew, a new trend began. Dance music and mix shows were about to be introduced to the community. Energys 92.7 & 5 became the catalyst to a full 24/7 dance music format. Jimmie landed one of the most coveted spots in Chicago that of a resident DJ on Chicago's premier dance radio station (WKIE Energy 92.7/5) where he hosted a five hour show called Clubland Friday Night. Jimmie was one of the first to showcase international Djs such as Fatboy Slim, Ferry Corsten, and Christopher Lawrence into a field traditionally held by local talent. Jimmie hasnt forgotten his roots nor his first beginnings. He often makes room for local peers to be a Guest Dj on his show as well. Cultivating an atmosphere of the best known up and coming Dj talent. With the end of an era approaching, Energys 4 year running couldn't handle the pop-culture craze. Somehow Jimmies show had survived. A short time after, Arizonas Dance Station Energy 92.7 & 101.1 had hired a new cutting edge Program Director-Mike Oaks. Immediately being embraced by Mike, Jimmies show had now moved to Phoenix. Taking notice of his resume, the Ultra team had signed him to perform at the Ultra Music Festival 7 in 2005. This accomplished a long time goal. With the continued success of his mix show, Jimmie was invited back to perform at Ultra 8. His dedication towards hard work, consistency and perfection was immediately recognized. Passion for his craft and music was an evident formula of the next chapter. The Ultra organization took notice and recruited Jimmie to become a candidate for the position of Host and PD of their upcoming radio show. Through an exhausting list of highly talented prospects, perseverance and devotion made the difference. Jimmie is now the newest element to the Ultra tradition. You can now catch Jimmie Hosting & Spinning on Ultra Satellite Radio every Friday Night from 8pm to 10pm & 2am to 4am on XM Satellite Radio "Channel 80" The Move. JP will continue to spread his energy to dance floors and listeners across the world.

TOPHER JONES - ORGANIZED NATURE, ALTER EGO

DENYS ENVY - BALTIMORE, MD

KCR

D!G!T! - EMERSION RESIDENTS, DIGIT PROMOTIONS

Aristronica
everyone don't forget to bring condoms and other forms of contraceptives (antibiotics not a bad idea either), my set is gonna be dirty. might need a shower afterwards too...
wolverine16
Rubber gloves will be provided!
darin epsilon
Getting excited for this Thursday.
Aristronica
hey what kind of set-up does Emersion sport?
wolverine16
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica
hey what kind of set-up does Emersion sport?

Generally 2 1200 TTs, 600 mixer, CDJ 800s and a bunch of booze, but we can get other gear if you want anything in particular. I know KC and Jimmie are hooking up Serato. We will also have a nice little video playing on the monitors for you, though not sure if the one with the cat attacking wrestling figures edited in 4/4 time will be ready for this week.
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by wolverine16
Generally 2 1200 TTs, 600 mixer, CDJ 800s and a bunch of booze, but we can get other gear if you want anything in particular. I know KC and Jimmie are hooking up Serato. We will also have a nice little video playing on the monitors for you, though not sure if the one with the cat attacking wrestling figures edited in 4/4 time will be ready for this week.

was just wondering about the mixer. i'd haul my f/x filter over but it'd be too much of a bitch to get it through security.
darin epsilon
Holy shnike I see you guys are bringing DI resident Shawn Mitiska and Bill Hamel to Chicago? Awesome!
wolverine16
quote:
Originally posted by darin epsilon
Holy shnike I see you guys are bringing DI resident Shawn Mitiska and Bill Hamel to Chicago? Awesome!

Yes sir! Mitiska is one of the nicest people ever. Actually if anyone wants to go the Cubs game against the Dodgers September 6th with Bill & us before Emersion I'm gonna get tickets soon before the Cubs get on their playoff run (hopefully).

Oh and also just to mention Emersion starts @ 8 with cheap food & drinks & no cover, so you can have a lot of fun for little $$ the whole night or before Tejada.
wolverine16
Tonight! Lots of fun to be had!

Aristronica
ing right! i'm REAAAADY!
wolverine16
Denys, Topher & KC rocked last night, hope to repeat it again soon! Great job guys!

If anyone lost a camera last night please PM me. Thx.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement