return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
In 4–5 billion years the Sun will cast off its outer layers
View this Thread in Original format
AlphaStarred
and meet its moribund fate. What about Earth? Wouldn't it be interesting to kick the bucket thus:

"While it is likely that the expansion of the outer layers of the Sun will reach the current position of Earth's orbit, recent research suggests that mass lost from the Sun earlier in its red giant phase will cause the Earth's orbit to move further out, preventing it from being engulfed. However, Earth's water will be boiled away and most of its atmosphere will escape into space." (Wiki)
Sunsnail
4 billion years lol. humans won't be around
Yan
Chances are, Earth won't be around, either. Asteroids and comets would pwn it. :(
camsr
I hope to think we would have expanded to life outside the solar system by then. INVEST IN YOUR COUNTRY'S SPACE PROGRAM!
AlphaStarred
I can't remember the title, but there's this deep, dark warehouse house track with a gruff voice saying, "I want to go to space. Space is the place."
Aristronica
earth will shoop da whoop way before then.

things likely to happen b4 then:

1. Shoop da whoop (nuclear or other)
2. disease. likely some uncurable/airborne strand of AIDs.
3. Britney Spears goes on tour.
4. asteroids/comets
5. Moon decides it's been abused for far too long and s us in the ass.
6. this guy -

AlphaStarred
You forget Aliens!

EvilTree
Better chance for Tchernobog, Prince of Darkness to come and eat our souls before this sun thing happens.
SuspicionVandit
next time NASA sends a public capsule into space, jack off into a petri dish, hand it to them, and then yeah, maybe humans will be re-vitalized in 4-5 billion years
Aristronica
this is on the history channel right now...

echosystm
I'm pretty sure humans will erradicate themselves within the next 10 generations anyway.
AlphaStarred
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica
this is on the history channel right now...

really? Imma check, thanks.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement