return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

? about recording live from djm-600
View this Thread in Original format
hapamoto
ok im spinning tonight and i wanna record my set.. thing is i don't know where to plug in the cables to record.. this is how we set up.. there is a master out and a booth out.. we plug the master to the amp and the booth is always left empty.. i would plug my recorder into the booth but the thing is, on this mixer, the booth volume control is actually the headphone volume control, and i don't want to be changing volumes throughout the mix.. its weird tho, on my mixer at home, there is a master out and a record out.. so i'm assuming im not supposed to be recording from the master out.. but that only leaves the booth.. any ideas?
DJ LIQUID
I have a DJM600 and there is a jack that is specifically for recording.

It is the 2 RCA jacks on the bottom labeled "Rec Out"

Dj Flesch
Yeah, they have a couple of different versions of the 600, though I've only used the newest one. The master out is for the main amp, and the booth out is for the dj monitors. You should have a set of these for you to listen to your own mix because the sound quality sucks behind the main speakers and you'd go deaf spinning in front of them. Having the booth volume and the headphone volume is really queer if you ask me. anyway, definitly use the record out because it's not affected by changes in the master volume etc. If you don't have a rec out on that mixer, then you could run the master out through some recording hardware like a DAT or something, but you will of course, have to have a DAT etc. ;)
hapamoto
ya.. u know what.. im just a dumbass and never looked "under" the main back panel.. i did last night and low-and-behold, wat did i find? the rec out.. so problem solved.. just my ignorance got in the way.. but thanks anyways guys!
DJ LIQUID
quote:
Originally posted by hapamoto
ya.. u know what.. im just a dumbass and never looked "under" the main back panel.. i did last night and low-and-behold, wat did i find? the rec out.. so problem solved.. just my ignorance got in the way.. but thanks anyways guys!

HAHAHAAHA i didnt know till just recently...check out pioneers website and read thru the DJM600 section...you'll be suprised what you'll learn :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement