return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Fest 2007

Pages: [1] 2 
does anyone else still call it "Love Parade"?
View this Thread in Original format
MR STROKE
everyone I have talked to still calls it "love parade"(including myself) instead of "lovefest":conf:
idoru
I do. I hate the "Lovefest" name.
Mecca82
loveparade > lovefest

but can't because of the berlin contradiction...
Insomnia`SF
i call it love parade too, it just sounds better and people know what you're talking about
butterfly
i call it love parade. either way, it's not the best name to draw in outsiders to EDM, IMO. I mention it to people I work with and they assume it is some gay festival in SF and completely rule out any possibility of going.
henryv
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly
i call it love parade. either way, it's not the best name to draw in outsiders to EDM, IMO. I mention it to people I work with and they assume it is some gay festival in SF and completely rule out any possibility of going.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
lex400sc
i don't like the name "lovefest" either, but that's what the organizers decided to brand the event with so that's what i call it. i don't see why they didn't just carry on the "summer of love" torch...? whatever though, in time lovefest will build it's own notoriety and you won't have to explain it to anyone you want going

they should just call it what it is... EUROPE INVADES SF :P
Dj Blurr
Im with everyone else on the Lovefest name. Calling it LP just seems right.

Im the other way around butterfly, I mentioned it to my co workers the other day, and one of em said she too was rubbed up against by the naked people...
in2muzikk
quote:
Originally posted by Mecca82
loveparade > lovefest

but can't because of the berlin contradiction...

Berlin evicted the Love Parade too...now it's being held in the Ruhr Vally in northern Germany for the next 5 years! I think that SF should get the name back though, it's one world celebrating good music, afterall!
MR STROKE
quote:
Originally posted by in2muzikk
Berlin evicted the Love Parade too...now it's being held in the Ruhr Vally in northern Germany for the next 5 years! I think that SF should get the name back though, it's one world celebrating good music, afterall!

:wtf:
what happend there???

djillicit
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly

hehe yup. sounds like a massive orgy in the streets!
Swamper
quote:
Originally posted by djillicit
hehe yup. sounds like a massive orgy in the streets!

...and in some corners of the crowd it certainly is! :stongue: At least, some of the I witnessed in 2005 anyways...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement