return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
The Gorilla versus The Old Man (Part 2)
View this Thread in Original format
SuspicionVandit
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Couture v Gonzaga Tonight :)
Rodrico
Gonna be a good UFC night. Was suppose to be in Vegas this weekend and I was hoping to see if I could score tix's somehow, but the trip was moved til a couple more weeks.
Prometheus Xex
They started professional boxing because the UFC stuff in the old days was too violent and bloody. I guess society has come about full circle since people want the blood/violence back. At this rate there will be public sport deaths within thirty years. The gladiators are coming!
Rodrico
quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus Xex
They started professional boxing because the UFC stuff in the old days was too violent and bloody. I guess society has come about full circle since people want the blood/violence back. At this rate there will be public sport deaths within thirty years. The gladiators are coming!

Its all about the KUMATE!
mezzir
rofl i thought this was gonna be a thread about smokeape :p
Cipha Sounds
quote:
Originally posted by SuspicionVandit
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Couture v Gonzaga Tonight :)

Couture has a questionable chin, Gonzaga has a lot of power, he'll knock him out within 2 rounds.

-edit

Let's not forget how Gonzaga knocked out Mirko Crocop in the first round using his own move against him. Crocop is one of the best MMA fighters in the world and he did away with him as if he was a amateur.
SuspicionVandit
yeah, I say Gonzaga has it in the bag. He had +25 pounds over Couture at the wiegh-ins yesterday (pushing maybe 30 today) and he is nowhere near as sloppy and goopy as Sylvia. Striking, strength and BJJ are in Gonzaga's corner tonight.
getfoul
quote:
Originally posted by SuspicionVandit
yeah, I say Gonzaga has it in the bag. He had +25 pounds over Couture at the wiegh-ins yesterday (pushing maybe 30 today) and he is nowhere near as sloppy and goopy as Sylvia. Striking, strength and BJJ are in Gonzaga's corner tonight.
yeah... right.

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Watch and learn why not to doubt the old man from 20 minutes south of my home town.
idoru
quote:
Originally posted by mezzir
rofl i thought this was gonna be a thread about smokeape :p

RAW POWER = RAW POWER!
Inertia
quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus Xex

meh. get your facts straight. boxing was boxing. wrestling was wrestling. in ancient greek times, Pankration was where both disciplines met each other. it was the ancient MMA, but boxing pre-dated it.

boxing is much more dangerous than MMA, and in 10 years of UFC, only 1 fight related death has occurred, with a fight who had a known heart problem.

big glove = more punches before the knockout = more brain damage

you get boxers dieing every year, and many many more remaining punch drunk for life. a 4 ounce glove means you get a good THWACK in the head, and it's all over. getting KO'd by a few hard punches is FAR better than taking rounds and rounds of shots to the head by heavy hitters.

while the lowest common denominator just wants to see carnage, he will also go to any carnage related event. a true MMA fan likes the sport because it is the only real martial arts showcase of what is really effective in a full contact environment. it's the truest test of skill a fighter has, and the biggest challenge, the one of being proficient in all ranges of combat.

:rolleyes:

SuspicionVandit
Randy was obviously juiced

:(
I hate being so dead wrong in MMA
Inertia
i was wrong too. and i am normally pretty spot on.

i would still pick CroCop over Randy, so this one baffles me. and don't tell me anything about Randy being the superior grappler in the event of such a match, because while that may be true, Fedor would turn Randy into a pretzel and Mirko was able to stand up to his grappling skills decently.

i think it all had to do with that unlucky smash of the nose in the 1st round. not being able to breathe = major PHAIL in sports. and breathing with blood POURING DOWN YOUR ING THROAT is kinda hard. it was one hell of a takedown, so major props to Randy for that.

from that point on, Gabriel had to: pace himself so he wouldn't be gassed, protect his nose, as another shot would be teh lose, and worry about a guy like Couture, who also happened to still be fresh and ready for round 2. i bet the experience Gonzaga gained in this match is invaluable to him.

I DEMAND A REMATCH. :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement