return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Songs to play for a fashion event.
View this Thread in Original format
Invasionmix
Hey guys, I have a 4 hour gig with a big clothing brand, and they ask me for house music, I usually spin trance, so I don't know what tunes appeal to the crowd. I'm gonna play some top 40 EDM stuff, just wondering what other songs would be good.

some songs I'm gonna play

David Guetta - Love is gone
Bob Sinclair - World Hold on
Marco V - Red Blue Purple
The Egg - The Egg
Timberland - Promiscuous Girl (Axwell remix)
Justin Timberlake - My love (Oakenfold remix)
Sharam - PATT
Shabilo - Flawed Design

etc... all the top 40 stuff, just looking for normal house stuff to play . Any help or advices would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
MattDomestik
Throw these into your bag:

Leonid Rudenko - Summerfish (Big Vocal)
Mr V. - Put Your Drinks Down (Bob Sinclair Mix)
Olav Basoski - Waterman

If you play too commercial, some people will think ok this guy is cheesing out, if you play crazy underground stuff, it might go over people heads so your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I did a party for Burberry in April, I started playing cool funky house by the end of the gig I was playing Funk D'Void, and Peace Division records. I think you really can't pre program a set like this, so you kind of have to play it by ear.
Beatflux
Benny Benassi
Daft Punk

if I know what good fashion music should sound like, hope that helps.
EvilTree
quote:
Originally posted by Invasionmix
Hey guys, I have a 4 hour gig with a big clothing brand, and they ask me for house music, I usually spin trance, so I don't know what tunes appeal to the crowd. I'm gonna play some top 40 EDM stuff, just wondering what other songs would be good.

The Egg - The Egg
Sharam - PATT
Shabilo - Flawed Design

etc... all the top 40 stuff, just looking for normal house stuff to play . Any help or advices would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You're ed.

4hr set and you don't have a clue what house to play?

I dunno. I guess you can search for 'trendy' stuff. Big room house. Lots of vocals. Doesn't have to be commercial.
Beat Blog
quote:
Originally posted by Invasionmix

The Egg - The Egg
Sharam - PATT
Shabilo - Flawed Design

All that looks ok, but Red Blue Purple is far too hard for the average crowd, it's about 134BPM. A good rule of thumb would be to keep the tempo at 130BPM or less.

Make sure that if you play The Egg, it's the Tocadisco remix mashed with David Guetta's Love Don't Let Me Go, Scrambed Egg I think it's called, or something stupid like that.

Commercial and well-known trance will be fine. I'd go for stuff which doesn't have excessive build-ups, such as Robert Miles - Children and ATB - 9am. Make sure that if you really have to play left-field trance, it has a lot of vocals, such as Burned With Desire.

Some vocal Kyau & Albert trance would probably work well.

Other tracks I think would be good:

Pharrell - Angel (Axwell Remix)
DJ DLG & Redroche feat. Hakan - On The Run
Bob Sinclar - Love Generation
Mylo - Drop The Pressure
Mylo - In Your Arms
Mylo - Zenophile
Fonzerelli - Moonlight Party
Scribe - Not Many (Quazimodo Remix) <--- This is hard to get hold of, but perfect for this situation.

If you want to play some hip-hop/rap stuff:

Notorious B.I.G - Notorious Thugz
MC Solaar - Le Belle Et Le Bad Boy
miamitranceman
Good suggestions here. I did a gig for Microkitten Bikinis down in the MIA and played some commercial stuff, but also some gems I've found on Beatport over the last few years that no one's heard of.

Pick up Espen & Elusive - Shexy. It's exactly what I think of when I think fashion show.

Here's a link to Microkitten's website btw... (what the hey...) :toothless

http://www.microkitten.com/
Project-K
Try deep house. Not too cheesy or poppy, but not too obscure to alienate the crowd. Tracks like Shakedown - At Night.
Stasis
I would think that a fashion event would want really "trendy" sounding music. I'd play minimal and tech house. Keep it really simple and sheik. You're background music, not a headlining DJ! If you start playing all these monster, epic house tracks, I think you might end up being more a distraction. Good luck!
discobiscuit
madonna and cher remixes. benny bennassi, deep dish, etc...
miamitranceman
quote:
Originally posted by Stasis
I would think that a fashion event would want really "trendy" sounding music. I'd play minimal and tech house. Keep it really simple and sheik. You're background music, not a headlining DJ! If you start playing all these monster, epic house tracks, I think you might end up being more a distraction. Good luck!

Good point!

legendary_waz
Prime '33 Burn' (16 Bit Lolita's Headspinning Vox mix)
Hoxton Whores, Gavin Lampitt 'Fusion' (Prok & Fitch Vocal)
Hoxton Whores 'Lost in Ibiza' (Parte Dos)
Audio Whores, Roland Clark 'I'm Inspired' (Vocal Mix)
xtr3m
Fashion TV compilations might be a good inspiration for you.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement