return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Question for Detroit people...
View this Thread in Original format
rktyr
I'm gonna be heading to Detroit for the Bears vs. Lions game on the 29th-30th of this month. Is tailgating allowed at Ford Field? What time does the parking lot open? Any other things i should be aware of?

Also since i'm gonna get there on Saturday evening what's a good place to party at? Bar or club, doesn't matter. Thanks!
Quadlow
quote:
Originally posted by rktyr
I'm gonna be heading to Detroit for the Bears vs. Lions game on the 29th-30th of this month. Is tailgating allowed at Ford Field? What time does the parking lot open? Any other things i should be aware of?

Also since i'm gonna get there on Saturday evening what's a good place to party at? Bar or club, doesn't matter. Thanks!

It is my understanding that Ford Field doesn’t have a dedicated parking lot, at least that I have ever seen and I am down there every weekend. However the majority of parking is done in Comerica parking lot along with all the other lots around the Fox Theater. There is ample parking all around the stadium its just a matter of how far you want to walk. Any of the private ones you can tailgate at but the ones by the stadium I am not for sure.

As far as parting, there is really NOTHING going on that weekend from what I know. Probably the slowest weekend of the last couple of months that I have seen lately. There are some regular bars and such you can hit up but it depends on what type of music, how old you are and what type of atmosphere you are looking for. If I hear of anything I will keep you posted as far as events going on.
rktyr
Aha, ok i'll just have to make sure we go to a private lot. I was checking the Detroit events and didn't see much of anything like you said. I guess we'll just hit up a bar. Were all early 20's and music doesn't matter too much as long as there's a good crowd of people.
rktyr
What bar(s) would you recommend for a group of young 20's guys? Music doesn't really matter as long as it's not country or something like that.
Quadlow
quote:
What bar(s) would you recommend for a group of young 20's guys? Music doesn't really matter as long as it's not country or something like that.

These are just your normal bars, nothing special but clean nice little places all not to far from the stadium.

Proof - 10 W Adams Ave, Detroit - (313) 309-3200
Pulse - 156 Monroe, Detroit, MI - (313) 420-0313
Bookies - 1265 Washington Blvd, Detroit, MI - (313) 963-2589
Delux Cocktail Lounge - 350 Monroe St, Detroit, MI - (313) 962-4200
Town Pump Tavern - 100 W Montcalm St, Detroit, MI - (313) 961-1929

If you are looking to here some EDM, Sweat is going on at Bleu on saturday:

http://www.detroitclubscene.com/for...showtopic=15833

If you are interesting in a more club, upbeat sort of vibe but don’t care about the music you could hit up:

Esko - 201 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI - (313) 962-3000
Envy - 234 W Larned St, Detroit, MI - (313) 962-3689
Elysium Lounge - 625 Shelby St, Detroit, MI - (313) 962-2244
Plan B - 205 W Congress St, Detroit, MI - (313) 226-1200

Other then that there isn't much going on that weekend. There is really no special events or DJ’s coming in at all. Hit me up if you have any more questions for sure.
Quadlow
Also if you are looking for more of a sports bar, you could check out Hockeytown, Chelios or Coaches Corner.
rktyr
That's quite a few bars to check out... I think i should be set. Thanks again for your help.
Quadlow
quote:
That's quite a few bars to check out... I think i should be set. Thanks again for your help.

NP
Quadlow
So other then your team losing, and getting heckled leaving the stadium how did the trip go?
rktyr
Besides those things the trip went really well. The drive there was about 5 hours because of typical Chicago traffic but once we got into Michigan we flew. We got lost for a few minutes once we got into Detroit, (made a wrong turn on Jefferson) but we found our hotel. Got there unpacked started drinking and met some Canadians and started drinking with them. Woke up the next day at 8am got to one of the parking lots and set up our grill and chairs and started drinking and grilling at 9am. Had about 20 bums come up to us and ask us for cans or bottles and it left me puzzled until i remembered you have a 10 cent deposit on cans and bottles in Michigan. Got into the stadium just in time for kickoff and watched the game. We lucked out and had a big group of bears fans all in one place so it made the few good plays the Bears had much more enjoyable. Would have been better if the Bears won but I still had a good time.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement