return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
advice - good or bad
View this Thread in Original format
flymo-meek
I have a quandry. This isnt probably the best place to ask for advice but hey you never know.

Problem is, got an amazing place to live, in an amazing part of town. Worked really hard to get it, got a pretty nice job...good money and that.

But all my mates live in another city at least 70 or 80 miles away, all the guys i grew up with. You know the mates you need around to shoot the with and go clubbing with. I've met some cool people in the year i've lived here but they arent the same as my best mates.

Bottom line is, do i give up a nice flat, an ok job and all the stuff i worked hard for and move halfway across the country to be closer to my mates? plus its on the east coast so a lot closer to my family. Was talking to my mate about it and she was saying that 'whats the point of having nice things if you dont have anyone to enjoy it with'

That kinda hit the nail on the head but im not sure.

Any suggestions?
Sunsnail
Parting with people is a sadness; a place is only a place.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by flymo-meek
I have a quandry. This isnt probably the best place to ask for advice but hey you never know.

Problem is, got an amazing place to live, in an amazing part of town. Worked really hard to get it, got a pretty nice job...good money and that.

But all my mates live in another city at least 70 or 80 miles away, all the guys i grew up with. You know the mates you need around to shoot the with and go clubbing with. I've met some cool people in the year i've lived here but they arent the same as my best mates.

Bottom line is, do i give up a nice flat, an ok job and all the stuff i worked hard for and move halfway across the country to be closer to my mates? plus its on the east coast so a lot closer to my family. Was talking to my mate about it and she was saying that 'whats the point of having nice things if you dont have anyone to enjoy it with'

That kinda hit the nail on the head but im not sure.

Any suggestions?

What's more important to you? Good job/career, or partying/hanging with your friends?

If you do move, will you be able to get another good job (with whatever your qualifications are), with good pay as well?
trewqy
u make new friends?

Jesus christ.
eRRaTiK
jobs come and go.

friends will always be a pain in the ass.

either way... you lose.
flymo-meek
to be honest my friends are much more important, we've known each other 20 odd years. I have made some ok friends here but i always get the feeling we're on a different wavelentgh, its hard to explain. I'm swaying towards moving as i think in the long run it will be better i.e. i'm more likely to settle down (which is good as i've moved 5 times in 6 years)
Lilith
70miles is nothing, just drive up there on weekends if you're really stuck for something to do, ditching a career and job for them is just daft.
nchs09
ya 70 miles is what? an hour if you go 70 miles per hour? thats not too bad.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by flymo-meek
to be honest my friends are much more important, we've known each other 20 odd years. I have made some ok friends here but i always get the feeling we're on a different wavelentgh, its hard to explain. I'm swaying towards moving as i think in the long run it will be better i.e. i'm more likely to settle down (which is good as i've moved 5 times in 6 years)

But what will be the impact on your career? Will you get stuck in some ty job you hate, making crap money, and then whine to your friends about it (ie. feel pissed off that you made the wrong decision)?

And what city are you moving to/from?
Spacey Orange
go back. it's where your heart is, but don't be surprised if everyone else moves on.

Massive84
quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
go back. it's where your heart is, but don't be surprised if everyone else moves on.

Indeed.

Usually friendship doesn't really last forever.I'd say stay where you are and get used to it and make new friends.
Perfect_Cheezit
70 miles? Why are you even talking about moving when you only live like an hour away from them.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement