return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
OHM Livid Controllers
View this Thread in Original format
3F05Q
Thought I'd throw this up here. Looks interesting. Hopefully the compatability and quality support the price.

http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_ohm.php
4clubber
hmmm design looks smooth and clean, will be popular with trigger finger fans i'm guessing....not too sure about the price though...$790

and lol at the wooden crossfader :tongue2
jupiterone
Looks cool, but it is easily one of the ugliest controllers I've seen in ages. That shape and wood border is really vomit inducing. The other one though looks alright, huge lack of parameters looks it, though.
Beatflux
The wood fader does look kind of lame. That thing needs more knobs on it. Or they need to lower the price.
MERiDiAN5i2
It will be a good day when the market for lame-o wannabe-DJ MIDI controllers get saturated to the point they don't cost more than a decent mixer.

In the meantime, I'll continue enjoying the simplicity of a real mixer and keypad control :)
jupiterone
quote:
Originally posted by MERiDiAN5i2
It will be a good day when the market for lame-o wannabe-DJ MIDI controllers get saturated to the point they don't cost more than a decent mixer.

In the meantime, I'll continue enjoying the simplicity of a real mixer and keypad control :)

How do Midi Controllers make someone a wannabe DJ?

And how are Midi Controllers not real mixers?
T-Soma
quote:
Originally posted by MERiDiAN5i2

These kind of midi controllers are more aimed at people doing live sets.
And producing/performing is just sooo much more simple than djing :rolleyes:
MERiDiAN5i2
quote:
Originally posted by jupiterone
How do Midi Controllers make someone a wannabe DJ?

The majority of the controllers on the market are wannabes... not those who use them.

quote:

And how are Midi Controllers not real mixers?

Last time I checked a mixer mixes audio signals :conf:
discobiscuit
where are the eq's?! i think they are on the right track, but the wood and no eq's is a step in the wrong direction.
jupiterone
quote:
Originally posted by discobiscuit
where are the eq's?! i think they are on the right track, but the wood and no eq's is a step in the wrong direction.

It's a controller, you assign your EQ to any parameter you choose fit. Usually, most wouldn't need EQ parameters when playing out live sessions.

discobiscuit
quote:
Originally posted by jupiterone
It's a controller, you assign your EQ to any parameter you choose fit. Usually, most wouldn't need EQ parameters when playing out live sessions.

i wouldnt buy a midi controller w/ out an eq 3 layout.
spolitta
There is no such a thing as a perfect midi controller for ableton, get used to it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement