return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Things to cook in crock pots
View this Thread in Original format
RJT
Any of you all have/use crock pots/slow cookers? I just bust mine out for the first time to make some corn and black bean chicken chili, but I'm wondering if any of you have any solid recipes for such devices?

There seems to be a wealth of them on the internets, but for every good one I find, I have to read about 50 recipes, and I know you guys are all a bunch of fatties who love to eat, so gimmie some of your magic meals... or no free chocolate for you all, fatties.

:p
Ted Promo
corn beef and cabbage
Aristronica
-Easy Crockpot Sauerbraten
I made real Sauerbraten for the first time about 9 years ago. And it was fabulous! But this recipe has the same taste, with much less work.
-Sour Cream and Bacon Chicken
There's just something about the combination of chicken and bacon that is so satisfying. And this recipe's creamy and luscious sauce is perfect over hot cooked rice or pasta!
-Beach Boy's Pot Roast
Beach Boy hosts Cooking with Beach Boy chat every Sunday night. Try his famous and super-easy recipe, then come to chat and tell us about it!
-Crockpot Chicken Supreme
This is by far the most popular recipe ever here at Busy Cooks. There's something about the combination of tangy swiss cheese, tender chicken, smoky bacon, and the rich soups that just hits the spot.
-Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is still one of my personal favorites. In fact, it's cooking away in my kitchen right now! The carrots and apple juice add a wonderful depth and sweetness to this non-traditional recipe.
-Crockpot Pork with Cabbage
I love this easy recipe; the combination of pork with onions and sweet red cabbage is just spectacular. It's a meal in one, too.
-Slow Cooker Chili
Chili is one of the first recipes I ever made in the crockpot. I love this one because it's mild and has lots and lots of beans. Serve it with cheese crackers for a wonderful dinner on a snowy night.
-Slow Cooker Pot Roast Dinner
There's nothing more heart-warming than pot roast. And when pot roast is cooked in the slow cooker - well, it's melting, tender, succulent - I can't think of enough good adjectives to describe it!
-Wild Rice Stuffed Turkey Breast
It's amazing how just five ingredients combine for this wonderful recipe. The dried cranberries are tart and sweet; combined with the nutty and savory wild rice they make a fabulous stuffing.
-Three Bean Cassoulet
Beans are so good for you. And your family will enjoy this hearty, easy meatless recipe, made savory with onion, bay leaf, and diced tomatoes.
-Crockpot Lasagna
This wonderful easy recipe lets you cook lasagna right in the slow cooker - with uncooked noodles! Serve it with hot melty garlic bread for a perfect accompaniment.

from the interwebs.
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica

from the interwebs.

:mad:

I don't want generic intarweb recipes.
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by RJT
:mad:

I don't want generic intarweb recipes.

then i suggest borsch.
glass
I have yet to get great Borsch, keep getting bed stuff
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by glass
I have yet to get great Borsch, keep getting bed stuff

i don't think i've had good borsch outside of:

1. My home.
2. Russia.
3. Brighton Beach, NYC.

everywhere else, yes, it's been crap.
wienerschnitzel
doesn't your mum make borsch for you? if she does give me your mums borsch recipe please
RJT
Someone explain Borsch to me.
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by wienerschnitzel
doesn't your mum make borsch for you? if she does give me your mums borsch recipe please

yah well i said my moms (home).

i'll have to get it from her.

wienerschnitzel
from wiki:
Borscht is a vegetable soup from Eastern Europe, which is traditionally cooked including beetroot as a main ingredient[1][2] which gives it a strong red color. Other, non-beet varieties also exist, such as the tomato paste-based orange borscht and the green borscht (sorrel soup).
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by RJT
Someone explain Borsch to me.

wiki sez - Borscht is a vegetable soup from Eastern Europe, which is traditionally cooked including beetroot as a main ingredient[1][2] which gives it a strong red color. Other, non-beet varieties also exist, such as the tomato paste-based orange borscht and the green borscht (sorrel soup).

which is pretty much dead on except my mom adds beef. first she boils it then cuts it up into little chunks and dumps it into soup.

i'll go home tonight and get recipe, share with everyone tomorrows.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement