return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

My Stanton ALIIs: Are they gone?
View this Thread in Original format
Great Outdoors
Hi guys, I've been having this problem for quite a while so I'll need to get it off my back. My Stanton carts are giving me a very hard time recently; one channel consistently sounds softer than the other, and the other channel that sound softer gives out this weird hissing noise.

Sounds like the needle's just dirty, but I've done everything I can: wipe it, stroke it, blow on it, I even used one of those cosmetic brushes (clean ones, of course) that my mum uses to apply her mascara on. Nothing seems to work. Sometimes the channels sound normal but sometimes it just sucks.

What's wrong with my carts? I've only used it 3 months.. and I only play around with my setup about an hour and a half everyday.
DJTJ
That does sound odd after 3 months, especially for Stantons. They do last a lot longer than Ortofons. Check the connection between the cartridge and the headshell, then check the connection between headshell and tonearm. Keep chacking all the way along until you find it. Try changing the channels over on the mixer, it could be the mixer itself rather than the needles. Bascially, eliminate everyting until you are sure it is the needle. If it does turn out to be the needle, just buy a new stylus. ALII styli cost about $15, no great expense.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement