return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Soundforge 7.0 Help
View this Thread in Original format
brocky11
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out please? When i record a mix with soundforge 7.0 how do i split the long mix into seperate tracks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Trance Android
You mean to listen to as a mix CD? With Nero. Drag your recorded wav/mp3 into nero. Highlight it, select properties then "indexes, limits, split". Go through & click "split" at each transition. When you've split it into desired tracks remember to tick "no pause between tracks" so it plays like a large mp3 but still lets you jumps between tracks like a normal CD.

Bit long winded but it's easy enough to do :)
brocky11
I haven't got Nero. There's a way to do it with Sound Forge, but i don't know how to.
British
i dont know soundforge. but you can create a .cue file that stores all the information (really easy to do), tutorial here. then get free " Cue Splitter" (direct link to dl).
To use cue splitter just run it an drop the .cue file into the window and hit split. it is freeware, there is no sound loss and there is no splitting limits found on other software.

An extract from one i have, from a skitzmix i got in a single mp3.

quote:
PERFORMER "VA"
TITLE "Skitzmix 25 (Mixed By Nick Skitz)"
FILE "01-VA-Skitzmix_25_(Mixed_By_Nick_Skitz).mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "SM25 Megamix"
PERFORMER "Nick Skitz"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Is The Love"
PERFORMER "Nick Skitz Vs Audio Thieves"
INDEX 01 05:48:38
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Cisko Disco"
PERFORMER "Rico Bass Vs Dj Bonito"
INDEX 01 09:57:21
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "King Of Trash"
PERFORMER "Bad Habit Boys"
INDEX 01 13:31:40
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Higher Love"
PERFORMER "89ers"
INDEX 01 16:53:68
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Summermelody"
PERFORMER "H2K"
INDEX 01 20:28:13
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "I Dont Know"
PERFORMER "Rocco"
INDEX 01 24:24:56
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Face The Base"
PERFORMER "Bulldozzer"
INDEX 01 27:50:34
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Clap Ya Hands"
PERFORMER "Floorburner"
INDEX 01 31:45:22
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "Turn The Beat Around"
PERFORMER "Kubik"
INDEX 01 35:31:42

Hope this helps... its worked for me so far. and is not tooo complicated.

British
Mmanu
place marker ( 1st marker should start at 0.00.00 )

place all markers

export markers as regions

export regions as audio tracks
brocky11
quote:
Originally posted by Mmanu
place marker ( 1st marker should start at 0.00.00 )

place all markers

export markers as regions

export regions as audio tracks

How do i do that? I've done the export markers as regions part, but i don't know how to export regions as audio tracks?
petercolon
Hey Brocky, hope this helps. It's from an online tutorial I found for sound forge. I had the same problem trying to figure out how to split the tracks.

FOR SPLITTING:

First of all trim away any dead space or crackling at the start or finish of the audio by highlighting the offending area and doing:

Edit>Delete(clear)

If you want you can highlight the intro or outro and set it to fade by doing:

Process>Fade>In/Out

So now we pretty much have the whole file somewhat tidy and ready to roll. Now to split the sucka up. Goto the very start of the file and drop a marker (press M or Special>Insert Marker). Repeat this for the very end of the audio file. Now wherever you want track splits drop more markers. To avoid little clicks at the track splits, zoom in at wherever you are about to drop a marker and make sure you place it on a position where the waveform amplitude is at the centre line (0, -Inf).

So to check, we have:
1) Markers at the VERY start and VERY end of the audio.
2) Markers at all other points we want a track split.

Now do:

Special>Regions List>Markers to Regions

This converts all areas between markers to special areas known as regions.

Now do:

Tools>Extract Regions...

This will save each individual region as a separate (*.wav) file - i.e. individual tracks in the order you want them.

BINGO! That was easy, wasn't it?
brocky11
I still can't figure out how to export the regions as audio tracks.
brocky11
brocky11
It's because i didn't know the destination folder that the tracks were going to.

hooj1
just get a copy of nero...problem solved.

i use sound forge too. i place my markers at each new track. save the whole file. burn to nero and you're done.

or if you have a program that can burn tracks with zero second gaps between tracks use that. just cut each track of the mix and paste it onto a new copy of sound forge. so, now you'll have each track separated as a file. burn all the files onto disc without gaps.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement