return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Playing a gig with CMX3000
View this Thread in Original format
Kaveh
Hey all!

I'm going to play some house at a club next week where they got the Pioneer CMX3000. I've never played with that one, I've mostly played with the CDJ200/800. And I don't think I'll get time to try it before the gig so I thought I'd ask you about advice.

Any special things I should keep in mind when using it?

What's the big differences between it and the ones with big jog wheels (like cdj200/800)?

Any kind of advice/info would be appreciated, thanks!

/Kaveh
Allied Nations
quote:
Originally posted by Kaveh
Hey all!

I'm going to play some house at a club next week where they got the Pioneer CMX3000. I've never played with that one, I've mostly played with the CDJ200/800. And I don't think I'll get time to try it before the gig so I thought I'd ask you about advice.

Any special things I should keep in mind when using it?

What's the big differences between it and the ones with big jog wheels (like cdj200/800)?

Any kind of advice/info would be appreciated, thanks!

/Kaveh

cmx3000s jod wheel is VERY sensitive! even touchier than the 200...

as long as you have a steady hand you should be able to adjust, just dont whip it to fast, cuz itll fly.
Kaveh
quote:
Originally posted by Allied Nations
cmx3000s jod wheel is VERY sensitive! even touchier than the 200...

as long as you have a steady hand you should be able to adjust, just dont whip it to fast, cuz itll fly.

cool, thanks man.

So the jog wheel is used for pitch bending too? I saw that it's got pitch bend buttons too (never used those). What's easier to use, the jog wheel or the buttons?
Allied Nations
quote:
Originally posted by Kaveh
cool, thanks man.

So the jog wheel is used for pitch bending too? I saw that it's got pitch bend buttons too (never used those). What's easier to use, the jog wheel or the buttons?

For small, subtle adjustments, id say the buttons, cu you can just give them a little tap.... thats just me though... just feel it out through the first couple of mixes
Freak
I used one weekly for a couple of years
As above...very very sensitive wheel
I also found it to be very picky on CDR's as to whether it liked them or not...
Allied Nations
quote:
Originally posted by Freak

I also found it to be very picky on CDR's as to whether it liked them or not...

good point, which is why i love having doubles of all my cds
Kaveh
haha ok, I hope I won't be getting any bad luck with that. practically all my cds are CDRs so.. :)
tubby
I had one at home for 4 years, very good unit. Only had about 3 or so cd-rs that it didn't like and they were pretty badly scratched.
the wave display doesn't build ahead like the 1000's, it only builds as the track plays, so is pretty useless the first time.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement