return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
anyone ever contest a traffic ticket?
View this Thread in Original format
AnotherWay83
i recently got a traffic ticket that i think i have a pretty good shot at contesting and winning. i've done some preliminary research and found a bunch of sites about fighting traffic tickets, but has anyone here actually done it and won?
Spacey Orange
i haven't, but there's no way The B00b Maintenance Guy™ can lose.
trewqy
I just wrote a couple of appeal letters for beating a red light.

Of course my car was caught on camera and the evidence was blatantly clear, but i just hope that my "I had to take a crap urgently thus needed to drive fast" case was justifiable.

Wasnt successful of course.
pkcRAISTLIN
if you've got a case go for it. it will depend on how your laws work, but you can write a letter to the police department and if unhappy then contest it in court.
echosystm
just pay the $50...

you'll waste $200 worth of life otherwise.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by trewqy
I just wrote a couple of appeal letters for beating a red light.

Of course my car was caught on camera and the evidence was blatantly clear, but i just hope that my "I had to take a crap urgently thus needed to drive fast" case was justifiable.

Of course it wasn't successful :wtf:

You seriously wrote that? Tell me you're bullting me.

Edit: Nice! Firefox spell checker recognises "bullting" as a word.
L.E.N.
What did you actually do to get the ticket? Hell where are you located too? Different laws..
jfk-pilot
i once got a ticket for an alleged "improper start" (2 Points) a.k.a the cop didn't want to work night shift, and he heard my tires screech a little bit, because i released my clutch a little to fast.

Anyways, i went to court with the full intention of contesting the ticket thinking i can get away with no penalty, well as i was waiting for my court appearance, basically a bunch of people said its just safer to plead " No Contest" rather then fight it and risk getting two points put on my record.

CoR Version: In most cases the cops word is more appealing to the judge then yours, so its better just to plead no contest, pay the fine and get no points.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by jfk-pilot
CoR Version: In most cases the cops word is more appealing to the judge then yours, so its better just to plead no contest, pay the fine and get no points.

Thanks for the COR version.

Damn, you can actually do that over there? If you get a ticket here, you get both the fine, and the points, even if you go to court (well, I mean, if you lose in court, or plead no contest).
Trance Nutter
quote:
Originally posted by trewqy

Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Trance Nutter

Flawless timing.

Lol.
Boomer187
the key to winning is character building. if you can convince them that you are a safe good person they will be lenient. so work on that.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement