return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
I don't want to spend Thanksgiving with family
View this Thread in Original format
Jake Benson
So this year no one in my immediate family will attend Thanksgiving except for my crunk ass ghetto sister. It'll all be aunts, uncles, cousins, their kids, and just Jewish babbling all night long and like "I do this & that and make money and never talk to Jake anytime of the year except for now when I'm talking about myself."

Meanwhile I got invited to spend Thanksgiving with a bunch of awesome producers and remixers whom are friends of mine.

Am I morally wrong to spend thanksgiving with my friends and not my distant family members? I feel really guilty ditching the fam, like I'm evil...but I don't feel right around them without my immediately family with me too. Anyone else doing something similar so I can justify my actions by comparing my desicion to another likely scenario?

c0r version: ditchin fam for Thanksgivin wit t3chn0 friends. Bueno?
Zild
That blows that your family is like that. I'd never ditch my family for anything, but we're pretty tight knit and take care of each other. I used to ditch my family for my friends all the time, but I had to learn the hard way that friends won't be there for you when you're down and out. Sorry your family isn't cooler. I know I'd be royally screwed if I didn't have my family, and what if in a few years I need bone marrow?
Boomer187
wait, how old are you?
Ian
move to england, we don't do thanksgiving, and we have some gay guys u could pick up. win-win
noikeee
Spend the early evening with the family, then go with the friends?
chach
Is it cause you're gay?
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by Jake Benson

Frenchie
Ditch 'em.

Why spend a holiday with people you wouldn't have fun around and don't give to s about. You should be spending with with people whom you like to be around and are thankful to be with. Family doesn't always come first.
Fibonacci
I'm ditching mine too. I'll probably see oakenfold instead...
ams.rld
Normally I spend all my time with my family because that is all i have. I use to have "friends" but they were never there when I needed them most. It is hard finding good friends but even harder having a good relationship with your family, for many americans? Anyways, you should choose whoever you will get along best with.

nefardec
bring your techno friends over and stuff the turkey with bass
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by Jake Benson
So this year no one in my immediate family will attend Thanksgiving except for my crunk ass ghetto sister. It'll all be aunts, uncles, cousins, their kids, and just Jewish babbling all night long and like "I do this & that and make money and never talk to Jake anytime of the year except for now when I'm talking about myself."

Meanwhile I got invited to spend Thanksgiving with a bunch of awesome producers and remixers whom are friends of mine.

Am I morally wrong to spend thanksgiving with my friends and not my distant family members? I feel really guilty ditching the fam, like I'm evil...but I don't feel right around them without my immediately family with me too. Anyone else doing something similar so I can justify my actions by comparing my desicion to another likely scenario?

why not do something nice like volunteer for the homeless shelter?

anyhow i have a ghetto crunck sister as well... it sucks doesnt it :(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement