return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Stanton RM-Three help please..
View this Thread in Original format
nickster_uk
Hi..

Have just bought a Stanton RM-Three mixer as a cheap replacement as my last mixer recently died. I paid £30 for it and everything is in excellent condition and good working order so i'm happy with the buy but one aspect of mixing is proving to be a bit of a pain.

On my last mixer, before bringing a new record in, I could adjust the gain so that each channel perfectly matched on the LED display so the sound level stayed pretty constant throughout the mix. However, on the new mixer, the LED display only shows the master output and I can't work out how i'm supposed to ensure the sound levels between each channel remains the same.

If anyone out there uses this mixer, I would be grateful for some advice please...also, if anyone uses a similar mixer and is able to make a suggestion, that would be cool.

sterilis
i had this mixer before my djm 600 just by listening through my headphones and using my basic inititive was how i solved this problem.
skip
i had a vestax pcv-175 before which didn't have individual channel leds either. you just have to use your ears and adjust when you're bringing the other tune in if it seems to go too high.
it was kind of a drag really as making quick cuts etc was a bit difficult as you couldn't be entirely sure on the levels, but i could live with it though.
EvilTree
You shouldn't be relying on the mixer to adjust your levels anyways.

Use your ears. Don't trust the machine as it'll up from time to time
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement