return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Any ideas to create this sample?
View this Thread in Original format
glsmaster
Hey hi everyone.

Just to ask if someone knows the general way to create this icy feeling sound...

(From Dave 202 - Rain Against Her (Original Mix)
> [[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Which kind of waveform was used or any other parameter or ideas that give me a start point and let me create something similar...

Thanks a lot =).
Honzi
Use saw waveform, set the filter cutoff low (so that it sounds more like a sine) and apply a little bit of envelope with short decay. Then add a reverb: high decay, big size, rather low damping. After the reverb add a bitcrusher, but not too much - so it gives a bit of contour to the sound. Now apply a bit of delay and lastly eq the sound - attenuate lows and raise higs around 2.5-3 kHz.

If you use FL I can try to recreate that sound.

Cheers.
glsmaster
Hey!... so much thanks for your response =).

It would be interesting that you give a try... I use Reason Synths... but I think I could program something similar to the VST you use or the integrated instrument that have FLS.

Just one question... what is bitcrusher?... =P
Lolo
quote:
Originally posted by glsmaster
Hey!... so much thanks for your response =).

It would be interesting that you give a try... I use Reason Synths... but I think I could program something similar to the VST you use or the integrated instrument that have FLS.

Just one question... what is bitcrusher?... =P

Take Malstrom, One osc is enough, use sawtooth 16 and turn the knob on the left a little bit. Then do what he said with filter envelope, with a very short decay and high envelope you should have it. Then, I suggest you do the opposite, first add the crusher then the rv7000, but it's just a matter of taste.

In reason, the crusher is on the scream 4 module, named "digital" algorithm. Don't distort unless that is what you want, just use the two small knobs, one downsamples, the other reduces the bits. In this case, what you need is a bit downsampling and a tiny little bit reduction if really needed at all.
Honzi
I gave it a whirl just a moment ago. Here's what I came up with:

mp3

flp project file

The only vst you need to get is CMT bitcrusher.
glsmaster
;)

HUUUGE thanks to you guys for your responses...

I think that the most hard part of all... was to get the bitcrusher sound with reason right...

In fact, it is not so essential to use sawtooth waveform... even a sine wave works just fine... but I used it anyway... =P

Meanwhile this is my shot...
[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

I made a patch for Reason (Combinator)... if someone is interested to check it... or whatever...

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Let me know what you guys think :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement