return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Tech 12's vs. Numark TT-X1?!?
View this Thread in Original format
dj_trancis
Ok, so has anyone heard about the new Numark TT's? I know, you're probably thinking, oh, it'll just be another fail for another deck that's supposed to push 1200's out the way, just like the Vestax PDX2000's.. BUT, I think it's a pretty good attempt to knock them off.. don't get me wrong.. I'm all about 12's all the way, hence I wouldn't have a pair myself.. but.. well just look below for yourself, and let me know what you think?!?

- High Torque direct drive
- Patent pending interchangeable tonearm system(it comes with straight and S tone arm)
- Multi directional.. supposedly goes reverse really quick.
- User replaceable pitch and button carts
- blue display showing pitch, rpm, bpm and motor settings
- removable target light with bright led
- steel top, inner solid core and rbber base preventing vibration
- anti drag aluminum platter to reduce friction
- pitch range is 10, 20 and 50%
- key lock feature to maintain tempo without changing key while changing tempo
- 22, 45, 78 rpm
- digital and analog outputs
- seletable phono/line level inputs
- detachable power cord and audio cables
- SPDIF digital output

Research it, lemme know what you think.. oh, and has anyone tested these out?!? ez.
DJ TranceFormer
OK,
I just spun on some of th new numarks, they are pretty gay... Braking system is good, that's basicly all i can say aboiut them.
All of that multi pitch is bull, when would you play a record at 50%???
Key lock is bull as well, i just returned a my stanton str8-100, and it does the job, but it's not like it's on CDJs, it sounds like you are in the middle of a fade and u trainwrecked!
If you spin trance, why would u need it to go the other way?(reverse)
All of those replacable tone arms and target lights and so on.. It's all bull!
I think u meant 33, not 22... Would u ever play a record at 78 rpm? don't think so...
SPDIF digital output isn't anythgin special... You just don't have the ground wires.
Power cord and audio cables always deattach.

So think for urself, but I wouldn't go for them...
DJ Chrono
well.. I've seen them mostly around for the same price as 1200's. So in my opinion, might as well go for Numarks you get alot more features (just incase you ever need them) plus alot more power, and they look pretty good. and they got that blue screen which is crazy, :D. I guess its especially good if your a scratch DJ..
DJ TranceFormer
But do u NEED that power?
quddha
word.. all those bells and whistles, when they're not really needed. I wish companies would take a hint, that its not features we want, its quality, durability and dependability. mk2's are tanks, they do their job, and we can depend on them. Thats what's important, thats why they're the most popular decks. Now a tech that has detachable cables and no need for a groundwire would be nice. :P
Veldrid
I considered getting the TTX's for quite awhile and then it hit me.... the more features you have the more stuff that can potentially go wrong. 1200's are simple and get the job done. The extra power of the TTX's isnt really needed not to mention it is actually to much power if you are a scratch DJ. I decided to go with the good 'ole Techs and I suggest you do the same.
skywarp
Technics Wow & Flutter: 0.025% avg, 0.035% max
Numark Wow & Flutter: <0.15%

So much for the TTX1.
DJ LIQUID
the numarks look cool and all.......but nothing has ever really compared to the Techz

im stickin with my 1200s :cool:
Bear4569
alot of people were like, when you buy tables just wait for the TTX's to come out. They are so much better, but IMO they are new and nobody really knows anything about them. Get TECHS !!

BEAR:p
Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by skywarp
Technics Wow & Flutter: 0.025% avg, 0.035% max
Numark Wow & Flutter: <0.15%

So much for the TTX1.

What exactly does that mean anyhow? Does it have to do with speed accuracy, or is it the amount of vibration the tables pick up?

Thanks

skywarp
Speed Accuracy. Basically if you set your technics to a certain pitch, there will be only +/- 0.035% deviation from that pitch (ie. the platter is speeding up and slowing down by itself), whereas on the Numark, the deviation is +/- 0.15%
amit
dude tell you the truth...by the time u beatmatch it right u wont notice the change of .035 @ all. but if your spinning trance u mix really fast. unless your spinning progressive u dont need all the extra features of .015. i mean its really good but u wont notice it @ all. i think your problem is that your scared that someday u might invest 1 grand. u think that the technics might go out of business. which is incorrect. remember 99% of the clubs have technics. and if u spin @ clubs ur not going to be used to the pitch control...its gonna take you twice as long to beatmatch and it's not gonna be smooth. i am telling you with experience!!! so if i were u go grab some technics they are your best bet
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement