return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

install question Direct TV HD DVR
View this Thread in Original format
Orbital32
I'm an impulse buyer and around 4 am i decided i wanted Direct TV HD. My local cable company has no channels coming in HD, which also means i get no Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

My install date is set for next friday, but i'm impatient.

1) I know a place like Best Buy sells the actual DVR, but do you know if it also comes with the Dish?

2)If so, does it also come with the self-install cables to go along with it?

3)Last question, does the DVR require two RG6 cables from the dish to the TV?

Even if it does run 2 wires from the dish, i'll just ghetto rig the cable, Call Direct TV to setup an installation date, then activate the order the service online. When they guy comes, all he will have to do is clean up the second wire.

I called Direct TV and the women just kept saying it has to be professionally installed by a technician. No reasons why just, "It has to be professionally installed by a technician."
inconspicuous
quote:
Originally posted by Orbital32
I'm an impulse buyer and around 4 am i decided i wanted Direct TV HD. My local cable company has no channels coming in HD, which also means i get no Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

My install date is set for next friday, but i'm impatient.

1) I know a place like Best Buy sells the actual DVR, but do you know if it also comes with the Dish?

2)If so, does it also come with the self-install cables to go along with it?

3)Last question, does the DVR require two RG6 cables from the dish to the TV?

Even if it does run 2 wires from the dish, i'll just ghetto rig the cable, Call Direct TV to setup an installation date, then activate the order the service online. When they guy comes, all he will have to do is clean up the second wire.

I called Direct TV and the women just kept saying it has to be professionally installed by a technician. No reasons why just, "It has to be professionally installed by a technician."

1) no.

2) n/a

3) It doesn't require it, but if you only have one, you'll only be able to record programs you're watching.
Direct
I would like to help but I dont feel like reading all of that.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement