return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Anybody here have a '07/08 Toyota Camry?
View this Thread in Original format
HardTranceProd
I bought a new Camry and I'm kinda disappointed with its audio system.

Is it just me, or does the sound suck? I've tried adjusting the Rear/Front fader and it doesn't really help a whole lot. The sound isn't bright enough or clear enough.

Any Camry '07/08 owners care to give some advice?

I had a Monsoon system in my previous car, and that one was really good.
jonze
no i don't have one
Gen3r4l1ty
Which model Camry? CE, LE, SE, or XLE? I believe the LE's and up come with the 8 speaker 440 watt system which should at least be semi-decent. (probably not up to the monsoon though.) The CE though is plain stock i think, which uses like 4 12 watt speakers.

I've never had a decent stock system in a car so I've always upgraded to aftermarket.:rolleyes:

**EDIT** also keep in mind that when a company advertises a "440 watt system" they usually refer to the peak power handling of the speakers and not what the headunit is actually putting out to the speakers.
HardTranceProd
LE

it sounds like crap... really unhappy with it
UWM
Maybe you should have listened to the audio before you bought it.

Also, it's not very expensive at all to upgrade it.
Ygrene
/NB4Punisher'sBigTurbo
HardTranceProd
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
Maybe you should have listened to the audio before you bought it.

Also, it's not very expensive at all to upgrade it.

yea but what do I need to upgrade? the player panel? just the speakers?
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by HardTranceProd
yea but what do I need to upgrade? the player panel? just the speakers?

if you're looking for cleaner/crisper sound, i'd go with a new head unit and new speakers.

www.crutchfield.com is a great resource when shopping for car audio. also, you might want to do a search on some Toyota-specific forums to get an idea of what other Camry owners have upgraded their audio systems with.
get nyce
I just bought an 07 SE Mag Grey

if the sound sucks that much - go back to the dealer and buy the JBL Sound package it'll cost you an ass, an arm, and a breasteses then you might enjoy it more?

My SE non-JBL sounds just fine to me, not that I plan on dropping 2 JL 10"s w/amps & caps or anything because...frankly...IT'S A CAMRY!

I guess to each their own, I don't "bump" my music with my windows down anymore, actually I play it mid-low where it's tolerable and I can enjoy the music...not so people outside can enjoy the music.

My .03

---

If you are truly an audiophile, you'd already know that the stock system will NOT live up to your expectations and would be the first option you bought with your LE or atleast went aftermarket upgrade.

My Camry (mycar)
2AZ-FE i4 Magnetic Grey, nokya 2500k h11 yellow fogs, camry trd strut, camry se canadian door sills, yakima snowboard rack, sherwood dash brushed aluminum kit, and all weather floor mats. that's about all i need at the moment =)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement