return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
When were your closest friendships made?
View this Thread in Original format
MrJiveBoJingles
All but one of mine were made in elementary through high school.

Do you find that friendships are easier or harder to make as you get older?

Do friendships made when you're older tend to have a different character (closer / not as close?) than ones made when you were a kid?
mezzir
quote:
Originally posted by MrJiveBoJingles
All but one of mine were made in elementary through high school.

Do you find that friendships are easier or harder to make as you get older?

Do friendships made when you're older tend to have a different character (closer / not as close?) than ones made when you were a kid?

all of my close friends were made freshman-junior year of high school, save for one decently close friend who i've known since i was little
Lesbianosaur
Most of my closest friends were made in my senior year of high school and freshman year of college, though there are a few that I've become very close to just in the past few months.
Silky Johnson
I basically had ONE close friend growing up. I generally didn't like a lot of people when I was a kid...I just couldn't relate to most of them. So I found the weirdest and most obnoxious person other than myself and settled down with her for a good 8 years or so, lol.

Then yeah...I'd say towards the end of high school when I stopped being so much of a drifter and actually made some lasting friendships. Still tight with most of that crew.

I've made a couple more close friends in recent years, met my best friend when I was 22. Just made another good friend last year.

I dunno...I've never been about having a ton of friends, even though I made it my business to know a lot of people. I just don't think it's possible to have more than a handful of REAL friendships with people, because of the time and attention required.
Vivid Boy
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie

I dunno...I've never been about having a ton of friends, even though I made it my business to know a lot of people. I just don't think it's possible to have more than a handful of REAL friendships with people, because of the time and attention required.

so true especially as you get older and have more responsibilities. i hate to say it but then only new friendships im looking for are ones thatll advance my career. I love all my friends and always will. and the ones i have now will probably be around for a lot longer. but theres just too many sometimes. thats why the only friends i want to make now are professional friends.

ive got enough party friends lol.
Lira
For some reason, I've never studied with my most of my friends :p

And, no, I don't think there's any difference between my most recent friendships (and my oldest ones) regarding their nature. Either I "click", or I don't.
Project-K
Towards the end of HS, age 15-ish. We grew apart a few years later. I find that as I get older, I have a lot of trouble making new friends. That might not have anything to do with age though. I'm just not very frequently in environments with people I can relate to. I have very few friends left and I haven't made any new ones in over 5 years. Guess I've become a bit too self sufficient. :conf:
pkcRAISTLIN
all of my "friends" i consider best friends. never seen the point of a half-hearted friendship.

id say a third i met in primary or highschool, and the rest since uni.

i have loads of best friends coz im just ing awesome :cool:
chimera66
freshman and sophomore year in high school, those bitches are my friends for life. had a crew of close friends in college but i would only say i'm tight with one, she's pretty much family and her mom pretty much adopted me during college...I have made some really good friends in the last year too though.

I think you have to go through a lot with people before they become really close friends; my best friends are not like me at all and to tell the truth if I meet half of them now we probably wouldn't be friends period but those differences are what I think keeps us together among other things...nobody needs to make friends with essentially themselves.
lücid
almost all of my friends are people that i've met in the last 5 years, and most of them i met through tranceaddict. :gsmile:

i still have two very close friends back in NY that i've known for 10 years and 7 years.

[edit: i forgot to mention - one of them i met after i applied for an internship at the company he worked at. he was in charge of contacting the applicants via AIM/e-mail, and i didn't take the internship but we stayed in contact ever since then. the other one i met during a drug and alcohol fueled weekend in my girlfriends dormroom. i hallucinated scorpions crawling out of his jeans, and the rest was history.]

beyond that, i've lost contact (or just never wished to stay in contact) with all my friends from elementary/middle/high school.

Vivid Boy
but yeah anyways to answer ur question my friends are made all over my life. im a pretty social person, and a huge joker so making friends has never been hard. people enjoy being around me and Im known as a fun guy. my closer friends are deffinately more genuine people. people who have opened up to me and i know things about. but yeah Ive met those people everywhere, a good majority tho where when i was younger either in HS or in elementary. but thats only cause i was in school for 13 years and ive only been out of school for 6, so its all relative
iammesol
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
almost all of my friends are people that i've met in the last 5 years, and most of them i met through tranceaddict. :gsmile:

lolwhatanerd :p

I still have an almost brother from first grade. Every other friend is just a person I can relate to more easily than everyone else. Most of the people that I've met recently (freshman year of college) are more business type of friends such as roommates, coworkers, or promoter/djs.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement