return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

question about tracklisting on the vinyls...
View this Thread in Original format
M.A.R.K
why does some records have it listed with a1, b1, b2 etc.. while some vinyls, esecially from inferno, platipus and xtravaganza, have it listed as a, aa?

does that mean the a, aa is only pressed on one side of the record? what does this all mean?
Great Outdoors
It's just different methods of labelling, I think.

Some labels do it the conventional "a,b" way, others would prefer to substitute "b" for "aa", I think it kinda makes them look cooler too. So if there were 2 tunes on side "b", then it would be "b1" and "b2", whichever came first.
DJ Bazz
it's just how you want it I think
hapamoto
"a" would be like sida a and "aa" is side b.. u should probably see sometimes listings like "a1, a2, aa1, aa2".. or at least i have on some records.
liquidxxd
its weird, they say like its a double a side, and on the flip the label it as aa, its weird, but who cares
DJTJ
Most of the time, if it is two remixes of the same song, it will be A and AA, because to use A and B implies that one of them is more important than the other. If it doesn't have A and AA then it probably says "This side" and "Logo side" or similar. If it says A and B then usually the main release song is on the A side, and it's usually a completely different song on the B side.

Obviously this isn't true in all cases, just most.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement