return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Actor Heath Ledger dies at 28.
View this Thread in Original format
Esiotrat

quote:
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday of a possible drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment, the New York Police Department said.

The Academy Award nominated actor was 28.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," police spokesman Paul Browne told CNN.

"This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."

The pills appeared to be over-the-counter sleeping medication, said police spokeswoman Barbara Chen.

Ledger was unresponsive when he was found by a housekeeper who had gone to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse in the Soho apartment, Browne said.

The apartment is owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, The New York Times reported.

Ledger was declared dead at about 3:30 p.m., Browne said.

In 2005, the actor played Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain," about two cowboys who had a secret relationship.

The role earned him the Oscar nomination.

Utter shock..

R.I.P
Mitsutranza
I just found out. :(

My god, this is a tragedy. He was turning up to be a really great actor with awesome roles including the one that will now be his last: Joker in The Dark Knight.

I can't believe this. R.I.P. Heath Ledger

:eek:
jesteraver
Honestly if they test athletes for drugs. They should check actors/actresses. I know won't do , but its an idea.
Sean Walsh
quote:
Originally posted by jesteraver
Honestly if they test athletes for drugs. They should check actors/actresses. I know won't do , but its an idea.

What would that accomplish? He OD'd on prescription sleeping pills...

RIP.
Marcus007
quote:
Honestly if they test athletes for drugs. They should check actors/actresses.

:o
Esiotrat
quote:
Originally posted by Mitsutranza
I just found out. :(

My god, this is a tragedy. He was turning up to be a really great actor with awesome roles including the one that will now be his last: Joker in The Dark Knight.

I can't believe this. R.I.P. Heath Ledger

:eek:

I'm in disbelief also...I would've never imagined something like this would happen to him.
He was so young and had such a promising career ahead of him. Tragic indeed.. :(

I wonder what the hell he was doing at Mary-Kate Olsen's apartment though..
Marcus007
Olsens ppl just denied that fact... never owned or lived in that place... what a waste of talent :(

i wonder if his divorce has anything to do with this?
Spin Laden
don't you just love unfounded info? Probably best to wait until the dust settles..
jesteraver
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus007
Olsens ppl just denied that fact... never owned or lived in that place... what a waste of talent :(

i wonder if his divorce has anything to do with this?

if it did, man what an idiot. honestly how many people every year go through a divorce and don't commit suicide?! Probably many.
jesteraver
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus007
:o

just hope i don't run hollywood some day LOL everyone would be out of a job

Spin Laden
quote:
if it did, man what an idiot. honestly how many people every year go through a divorce and don't commit suicide?! Probably many.

they're saying accident or suicide..me thinks suicide. Just because these actors play strong roles doesn't mean they're impervious to depression as well (see as recently as Owen Wilson). Again, just speculation here.
jesteraver
quote:
Originally posted by Spin Laden
they're saying accident or suicide..me thinks suicide. Just because these actors play strong roles doesn't mean they're impervious to depression as well (see as recently as Owen Wilson). Again, just speculation here.

hopefully it was an accident.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement