return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Obligation Vs. Politeness
View this Thread in Original format
Sushipunk
COR Version We want a free holiday, to a place we love. Baggage on this holiday will include my gf's parents.

Ok. So.

We've just returned from a holiday up on Fraser Island. It was awesome.

Our main plan was to head up there again in May, for the birdwatching convention. Sweet.

Randomness has resulted in my gf's parents wanting to go up for the same thing. At the same time. Her dad is a bigtime birding guy. He'd love it, and to be honest, we'd love to have them around for the time we're there, as I couldn't even guess how much we would learn. The guy is a legend.

The problem? They're paying for the whole thing. Already booked and paid for.

Oh snap, sounds terrible, right?

Yeah.

Our position was, that we wanted to stay for longer. Our plan was for 2 weeks, but now that her folks are involved...

Ultimately, we wanted to have some time for ourselves, and due to the obligation of them paying for the holiday, we're feeling like it might be a bit tricky.

This is where I become a bad person.

We're thinking of either going up there a week ahead of them, or staying on for a week after they leave. There are potential problems with either of these though.

If we go up early, we run the risk of bumping into people we've met (in the last week) and trying to pull the "who the hell are you?" line (or something close enough to that ...yeah, you know) :p

If we decide to stay later than them...They may very well decide to stay longer as well. Also, they may want to personally drive us to the airport and wait for us to fly out that day. That would be AWKWARD.

What I want from you guys

I want schemes! How can we turn this 1 week parental holiday into a holiday where:

Parents = 1 week
Us = 1 week

I'd feel bad about it if they couldn't afford it, but...lol, I'm a selfish bastard. :p

Give me your best COR! :)
trewqy
Foursome with the parents. Always worked for me.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by trewqy
Foursome with the parents. Always worked for me.

Sweet man, glad that worked out for you. I've never been into 60 year-olds though. I respect your personal preferences though :)
mezzir
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
This is where I become a bad person.

I lol'ed at this part :p

Hmm...tricky. Here's the thing. If you pull some shenanigans, you'll run the risk of getting caught. Speaking from experience dealing with a situation like this, just talk to them and be like hey thanks, but we were thinking of heading up a few days early (if possible/you still want to lie say its because there' sother stuff you want to do in the area, and once the parents are there you guys can all do bird stuff together)

The key to things like this is to stay as absolutely close to the truth as you can in all aspects of the story, just bend certain things to make it work.
idoru
quote:
Originally posted by mezzir

Hmm...tricky. Here's the thing. If you pull some shenanigans, you'll run the risk of getting caught. Speaking from experience dealing with a situation like this, just talk to them and be like hey thanks, but we were thinking of heading up a few days early (if possible/you still want to lie say its because there' sother stuff you want to do in the area, and once the parents are there you guys can all do bird stuff together)

The key to things like this is to stay as absolutely close to the truth as you can in all aspects of the story, just bend certain things to make it work.

Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by mezzir

Oh Mezz, I live by the principle that every lie should be AT LEAST %90 truth.

And believe me, I can blag it. You have no idea.

But this one is SOOOO touchy. I mean, these are my future outlaws! :eek:
wizniz
*tell him an old friend from high school or whatever lives 2 hrs away in any direction. at the end of the week when the rents are walking out the door, "leave" to go "visit" your "friend".
Silky Johnson
Why can't people just be honest ffs? No wonder there are so many failures in the world.
Frenchie
They are parents..you shouldn't be scheming like this. You should be shamed!!!!
Halcyon+On+On
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
Why can't people just be honest ffs? No wonder there are so many failures in the world.

Psht, sounds like something an honest vacation-payer with integrity would say.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THE_Chris
Just talk to them and say that the two of you are thinking of staying for an extra week for some time together.
eRRaTiK
lol i be like "yoooo biatch don't be gettin all up in mah biz or I be popping a cap in yo azz. one week max for you and your slut fool. "

they'll know exactly what the dilio iz mah niggz.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement