return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Cat Stevens to release a new album!
View this Thread in Original format
pkcRAISTLIN
I was a big big fan of folk when i was a kid, mostly coz it was the only stuff my dad listened to that wasn't total .

anywayz, ol cat converted to islam in the 70s and from then on allah refused him permission to play heathen tunes.

saw a great doco with him last night, and apparently his belief or understanding in islam has changed, and now he thinks it is ok to make music again :)

never quite reaching the emotional harmonies of simon and garfunkel (at least, not for me) but he has such a nice, soothing voice and pleasant melodies. the stuff he was playing last night was really cool.

COR version: islam is , but less now.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
COR version: islam is , but less now.

:stongue:

Interesting news though, I wonder what sort of stuff he'll write now. Some of his old stuff is great.
XoxidE
who? :confused:
Lebezniatnikov
quote:
Originally posted by XoxidE
who? :confused:

ban this n00b. :rolleyes:
leph555
WHO?!
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
:stongue:

Interesting news though, I wonder what sort of stuff he'll write now. Some of his old stuff is great.

the stuff i heard him playing last night sounded like he'd just picked up where he left off (at least musically, im sure the lyrics have prob changed).
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by leph555
WHO?!

pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
the stuff i heard him playing last night sounded like he'd just picked up where he left off (at least musically, im sure the lyrics have prob changed).

oh, and i have no details about the album, i just surmised it from seeing him in the studio again :)
leph555
thank god my father grew up in the 70s-80s
Audious
quote:
Originally posted by leph555
WHO?!

Your posts are much funnier since taking on your current avatar, as I can picture him shouting all of your posts.

Frenchie
I used to be quite the fan when I was younger as well. I'm interested in hearing new material.
Lebezniatnikov
quote:

His Magik Suite or whatever was awesome.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement