return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

uk shaver plug/socket!?!?
View this Thread in Original format
skip
can someone who lives in the uk and has an electronic toothbrush or shaver bought from the uk tell me what sort of a plug does it have?
i'm thinking of buying an electronic toothbrush from the uk, but am unsure if the plug will fit in the socket here in finland.
we use the normal europlug here in finland with 230 V and 50 Hz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug
i know you have the weird plug with 3 pins on your normal electrical appliances, but then you apparently have a different one for bathrooms.
i have googled this like hell, but i haven't found an answer to my question, which is:
you have the special socket in the bathroom, but do you have a special plug for it also or do the shavers and electrical toothbrushes in the uk come with the normal europlug, which apparently fits into the uk shaver socket (and apparently the normal us plug fits there also).
also what voltage do your shavers and electrical toothbrushes take? 230 V?
if no one knows the answer to this question then can someone measure the distance between the pins and the diameter of the pins on their shaver or electric toothbrush and tell me how much it is?
i know this isn't a very trancy question, but i don't know anyone from the uk who i could ask and this is the first place that came to mind. i did ask the seller though, but he didn't know what i was talking about. :nervous:
sleepydragon
electric toothbrushes in england have 2 pin plugs I have to use an adaptor to charge it up. Same with electric shavers
skip
quote:
Originally posted by sleepydragon
electric toothbrushes in england have 2 pin plugs I have to use an adaptor to charge it up. Same with electric shavers

yes. but is the plug the same as the standard europlug. this is what i'm trying to figure out. i know my initial message wasn't very clear. :)
federology
All electric shavers and toothbrushes bought in the UK come with 2-pin plugs which are the same as the standard Euro plug.

In Europe all you need to do is plug it in! In the UK, you need a shaver socket or 2-3 pin adapter, which in your case doesn't apply.

Most new shavers for example are designed to work on both 50Hz/60Hz systems with a voltage range between 100-240. You therefore should not have any problems using a UK shaver/toothbrush in Finland.

Hope that helps!
skip
quote:
Originally posted by federology
All electric shavers and toothbrushes bought in the UK come with 2-pin plugs which are the same as the standard Euro plug.

In Europe all you need to do is plug it in! In the UK, you need a shaver socket or 2-3 pin adapter, which in your case doesn't apply.

Most new shavers for example are designed to work on both 50Hz/60Hz systems with a voltage range between 100-240. You therefore should not have any problems using a UK shaver/toothbrush in Finland.

Hope that helps!

it does if you know this for a fact! :)
i'm gonna save about 50€ this way, so thanks a bunch!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement