return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

[HELP] "My Pictures" question
View this Thread in Original format
XoxidE
Ok, so my cousin is having troubles with her computer and she has alot of pictures on it, but since her computer wont even turn on, she took out her hard drive and i put it into my computer. Since her pictures on her computer were in her "My Pictures" folder, i looked in the same place on my computer, but i couldnt find them. I also looked around her harddrive (which is now a D:\ drive on my computer) but i cant find any pictures. I know they are there, but i cant find them. Does anyone know where/how i can find them?

:conf:
XaNaX
Search D: for *.jpg
Zoso
quote:
Originally posted by XoxidE
Ok, so my cousin is having troubles with her computer and she has alot of pictures on it, but since her computer wont even turn on, she took out her hard drive and i put it into my computer. Since her pictures on her computer were in her "My Pictures" folder, i looked in the same place on my computer, but i couldnt find them. I also looked around her harddrive (which is now a D:\ drive on my computer) but i cant find any pictures. I know they are there, but i cant find them. Does anyone know where/how i can find them?

:conf:

Windows XP uses profiles for storing My Documents data. You'll need to go to the root drive (C: or D:, however you have it mounted)\Documents and Settings\User (whatever her user name was) or look under D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
XoxidE
quote:
Originally posted by XaNaX
Search D: for *.jpg

did that. showed 2k+ pics of nothing but software pics. None of hers.

quote:
Windows XP uses profiles for storing My Documents data. You'll need to go to the root drive (C: or D:, however you have it mounted)\Documents and Settings\User (whatever her user name was) or look under D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator

I checked in /all users and /owner and /default, but I dont see an administrator folder. Everything is set to "show all hidden files"
XaNaX
quote:
Originally posted by XoxidE
did that. showed 2k+ pics of nothing but software pics. None of hers.

Pictures might be in .tif or .gif format too
Moral Hazard
Wait, she didn't back any of this up? What an idiot!
Trancealot
same thing happened to my mom.

We share the computer at home but I keep all my stuff in a folder in c:\blah blah\. She kept on loading all her camera pics to a folder on the desktop.

One day the computer was shot and brought it to the computer store for a fix. It was fixed but we lost use of many programs(easy just reload) but her pictures were gone as well. She was not happy at all

So as of now we did some search on the internet for ways to access lost data but not in a lost master thesis or PHD study situation. We found some demo(s) which did find stuff but found maybe too much stuff:wtf: but getting the actual pics we found back had to register. So my parents bought this program(forgot the name and we have not even used it yet) but might of been one of those demos that did the trick so the day we use it we will let you know if it worked out or not.

In conclusion always save stuff to a Drive folder. Desktop is only good for program icons

COR VERSION
-My mom saved pics to desktop folder
-computer messed up
-computer fixed with lost folder of pics
-used demo prog to find lost pics
Zoso
Download and install Google's Picassa software. That will find EVERY damn pic you have and then some.
gehzumteufel
the pictures will be in d:\documents and settings\\my documents\my pictures\
leph555
quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Download and install Google's Picassa software. That will find EVERY damn pic you have and then some.

i use it to find long lost pron

pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by Trancealot
same thing happened to my mom.

ive always said bumsex makes you stupid!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement