return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Scams--->rogers At&t
View this Thread in Original format
Waxen
I am so incredibly outraged right now! :whip:

I had a two year celly contract with rogers at&t. I was having some difficulty paying my bill for about 3 months because I had been unemployed, and I explained this to them.
I get a letter in the mail AFTER talking to them that I would make a payment in two weeks. The letter said something along the lines of "If you don't make a payment in 5 days, we are sending you to collections" or something like that. So.. I came up with the 280 dollars for my phone bill (ANOTHER THING THAT MAKES ME MAD.... overcharge!). So.. I payed them right away.

A week passes by and I call them asking them to re-connect my phone since I payed the bill in full, and she goes "oh Im sorry, your phone has been cancelled".. I said huh!?.. well.. can you do something about that?. She puts me on hold for about 10 freaking minutes.. comes back and says "no.. Im sorry, it's cancelled permanantely, you have to start over again".. Im like ughhhh.. kay whatever.. no biggie.
SOOOOOOOOOO...... I get a bill yesterday for 230 some odd dollars. Im like huh? So I call AGAIN.... oh.. well it turns out there is a cancellation fee of 200 bucks plus tax because I was on contract for two years! The thing that pisses me off is this:

IT TURNS OUT THEY CANCELLED IT AFTER I HAD PAYED THE 280 THAT I OWED THEM WITHOUT ASKING OR LETTING ME KNOW!!!!...

SCAMS I tell you SCAMS!!!!... and now they expect me to pay them another 230 bucks just for them cancelling it.. YEAH...... RIGHT!!!!
:whip: :whip: :whip:
They didn't ask my permission or anything to cancel it.. they just went ahead and did it. I can understand if I never paid the bill.. but once they got that money.. they cancelled and now expect me to pay almost the same freaking amount I just paid!

LESSON:.. DON'T EVER GO WITH ROGERS AT&T FOR A CELL... LET ALONE SIGN A TWO YEAR CONTRACT!!!!!!!

~s~
FASTDJMP3
i'm telling u man , the best company in canada is Fido , rogers at&t sucks big time , i have so many friends who regretted signing a contract with them
butterfly
is that legal?
DJ_Shockwav
i'm on fido and i love it
sure my i can only use my phone in major city centres, but i don't leave calgary that often to warrant a dual mode phone :)
cycloptor
im on rogers and dont really have any problems... but that really does piss me off hardcore. im pretty sure you could take some sort of legal action against that but i dont know if it would be worth it in the longrun.

on a side note... why the does my call display not work on my phone, it supports it... but no numbers ever come up... damn digital call display bs... that noise
STi_WRX02
I've been with Rogers for awhile now and I haven't had any problems with them. I used to be with Telus and they were one of the strong ones when they merged with Clearnet. Once Rogers released their GSM service I've been pretty happy with it. I use several different phones with the same number cause of the SIM card. Rogers still has several bugs in its system but I dun recall many people complaining about billing.

Latez,
Orbax
What I like to do is before I call them start clenching my fists and breathing hard. Think of someone you HATE and imagine walking into your room right now and finding them peein on your bed. Capture that feeling of rage. Then call them and start screaming at them. I got 3 months of free cable for being angry :)
Michael Russo
Waxen, you don't have to put up with that... what they did isn't right and you should definately at least be able to get it reconnected again (for free)
torontotrance
It is legal because you sign a contract that is legally binding, of course it sucks but that is the way companies work.
apri_peel
yep, rogers is one big BS company
my dad was with them for a year and he had lots of problems and lots of overcharges. like when he was in the states and went over the limit of his minutes, rogers charged him what the american company that was used to connect him charged AND their fee on top. so my dad had to pay double for his calls
the only good thing about them is their pay as you go service, no problems at all and your account is active for a year without having to recharge it.

i would say telus is good. fido doesnt have that great of a service, but they ARE cheap. wish there were more cellphone companies around.

waxen, see if you can get a free lawyer counsultation, with any lawyer. ask him if you could sue rogers and if that would work. and if its doable, find a good lawyer and do it. make sure you kept all your recipets and stuff and try to remember operator names of the ppl from rogers you spoke to

fantom
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
What I like to do is before I call them start clenching my fists and breathing hard. Think of someone you HATE and imagine walking into your room right now and finding them peein on your bed. Capture that feeling of rage. Then call them and start screaming at them. I got 3 months of free cable for being angry :)

HAHAHHAAA!
This post just made my day... some funny tt!! MUHAHHAHAHAAA!

quote:
Originally posted by FASTDJMP3
i'm telling u man , the best company in canada is Fido , rogers at&t sucks big time , i have so many friends who regretted signing a contract with them

Fido? Get the hell out of here... they've got the worst reception, but then again, they're cheap.
Rogers is good, as long as you don't sign any long term contracts with them... but their software is just , since they used the modified version of the Qualcom software, and it turned out to be a ty one too.
If you can, go with Telus... they've got great reception and coverage, just like Rogers, and their customer service is way better, plus their phone's software beats any other company's software hands down.
apri_peel
oh yeah, my friend has shaw cable (used to be rogers@home)
he phoned them up and said that he was switching over to telus adsl because they were giving him a free webcam. next thing he knows, shaw gave him a free webcam.

im wait till telus gives out some better for signing up with them and phone shaw, tell em telus gives me free stuff and 2 free months :toothless
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement