return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Im going to..
View this Thread in Original format
sandsideapache
Portugal tomorrow .I cannot speak Portuguese, will French do ? If anyone else off here is going , I'd be more than happy to buy you a pint when I get there. Praia de Rocha , 7.30 pm at any pub in the high street. Be there or be square.
jdat
english should be ok

now this all depends on the area but some places down south in Spain and Portugal are invaded by brits to the extent that you get harassed in the streets in english by restaurant staff wanting you to eat there.

oh and you also hear tons of brits saying " see you at tea time" ... quite an exotic experience to be honest :stongue:
sandsideapache
I didn't realise there was a large Brit contingent there. nooo ! We are fine when in our natural surroundings but as soon as we venture abroad all sense and sensibilities go out the window .Not me of course !
eg; 'Im not eating that foreign muck' , ' why can't they speak English ?' , ' how much is that in REAL money ?' etc, etc. Plebs.
jdat
well I don't know where exactly you are going ( you should perhaps look it up ) but chances are if you are going on a holiday there you perhaps go the trip through some package deal .... I will let you figure out what that could possibly mean :p
Ania_xox
Depends if you will be on the mainland or the islands

The language spoken on islands such as San Miguel is closer to the Brazilian dialect... the "pure" portuguese on the mainland has more in common with the indo-european romance languages (i.e. spanish, italian, french)

Here is a list of vocab that I picked up from a 2 month relationship with a portuguese

obrigado = thank you
de nada = your welcome
amor = love
pantofess = slippers
lyinda = pretty
menina = girl
menino = boy
Ey Lera, kesh meh snera? = hey blondie, want my carrot?
(^^^ lol ... from a stupid pork chop joke)

spelling is most likely way off... hahaha good luck!
sandsideapache
Praia de Rocha on the Algarve. Booked up on the net. The place looks stunning.Package deals are for poor people...and my wife is minted !
iammesol
WHERE ARE YOU LIRA
iammesol
WHERE ARE YOU MARCUS
elFreak
please punch Chus and Ceballos in the face for me.
wotyzoid
no french won't do..

Ian
You'll probably be considered a suspect in the kidnap of a certain person last year in that general area
sandsideapache
Yeah , I heard something about that. It's just a pity it wasn't more widely publicised ! I'll know more when the film comes out.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement