return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2008

Pages: [1] 2 
Review: Ferry Corsten, Sander van Doorn, Kaskade, + more @ FYE Meet + Greet 3/28
View this Thread in Original format
PatMcGroin
not a bad little setup... cant expect the world from something like this, but it wasnt a waste of time either.

ill write more about this later, as well as post pics, and vids... gotta grab a bite to eat right now.
PatMcGroin
some pics...

didnt catch this guys name...

kaskade

ferry

sander

DjKaenow
The first guy was Steve Smooth…
trancebrat
Great pics! This is one of the only things that I would have wanted to attend because it's more intimate and laid back. I love the picture of Kaskade with his daughter. :D You can see Colleen and Thomas in the background of some pics. :p
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by trancebrat
Great pics! This is one of the only things that I would have wanted to attend because it's more intimate and laid back. I love the picture of Kaskade with his daughter. :D You can see Colleen and Thomas in the background of some pics. :p

yea it was totally cute. he was mixing and then his daughter came up to him and was pulling his shirt to hold her.
iammesol
I love it when DJs are still family men. +10000000000 respect points. It's such a big job to travel and perform as much they do, but to take care of their kids on top of that... is just... *bows*
bigherm
sorry to intrude on the thread, but: how do you post pics. i cant figure it out. i took a few also while i was there.

you can pm me, thanks, Herm
iammesol
[img]link here[/img nospacehere ]
jaygt911
Kaskade +1000 in my books for dj'ing while holding his daughter.
trancebrat
quote:
Originally posted by iammesol
I love it when DJs are still family men. +10000000000 respect points. It's such a big job to travel and perform as much they do, but to take care of their kids on top of that... is just... *bows*

I agree! I've been a fan of Kaskade's since I first heard Steppin Out back in 2004. Seeing that picture made me like him even more. I know he's been married for over ten years, and I believe they have two children.

iammesol
When my brother spoke to Sander Kleinenberg in 06, he was soooooooo proud of his daughter, even named his remix of the fruit after her. :)
PatMcGroin
i guess ill type up my review real quick...

got there about 2:20ish... jj flores or steve smooth was on. not terrible sounding music, but everyone was just kinda standing around. after steve smooth, kaskade jumped on the decks and played for almost an hour. dropped an unreleased track 'kaskade & deadmau5 - i remember' which i got a vid of. he played mostly his tracks of his album, but it didnt sound bad at all. just a little too much vocals for me, but not bad. he was a real nice guy too. took pictures with everyone and signed everything.

after kaskade, ferry came on and played for about 45 minutes or so. very trancey... didnt sound toooooo bad, but i dont think i have to say that it wasnt really my style. everyone of course went nuts when ferry was on. didnt even bother trying to get a picture with him cuz of all the chaos.

after ferry, no one else was around so some fye guy put a cd in the cdjs and pressed play. i started to wonder to myself "is this it? wheres sander?! wheres above & beyond? and whos this "special guest?" so i asked the fye guy where sander and above & beyond where and the guy told me a&b where the first ones that played... uhhhh, no they werent you moron, but whatever. he was a real dick too... like "oh and dont even ask me who the special guest is... we only have one more person whos coming to play and i cant tell YOU!" i wanted to slap that ing mid 30 year old virgin loser who thinks hes cool cuz he manages a fye. if he even is a manager. go home and cry in your moms basement you .

about 15 mins went by and then sander walked in the door! w00t! ferry was already finishing signing stuff and the music fye put on kinda sucked, so most people headed for the doors. sander started setting his stuff up and started his set... first track as soon as the bass hit, BOOOOOOOF, there goes the speaker. the stupid ing fye moron i mentioned earlier TOTALLY ed the system up when he put that random cd on. so sander instantly turned the bass down and started tweating what he could on the mixer. sander played for maybe 30-40 mins but the ENTIRE time this ing fye loser was ing with the speaker or the amp or something. right in the middle of sander mixing two tracks, this moron drops the bass on the amp to a complete 0 level. wtf?! i mean, what can you really expect, this guy obviously isnt a sound engineer, but sander was giving him the dirtiest looks. the guy just kept doing it too. several times sander apologized to the crowd for the sound, but hey, every time sander made it sound better from the mixer, the fye guy came and ed it up. sander manager was PISSED too. went off somewhere and im sure complained like hell.

when sander finished he signed everything everyone gave him and took pictures with everyone. kaskade did the same thing. ferry didnt.

tracks sander played...
Sander van Doorn - Look Inside Your Head (opening track)
Sander van Doorn - Riff (Original Mix) (closing track)
Sander van Doorn - Pura Vida
Sander van Doorn - The Bass (Original Mix)
Sia - The Girl You Lost To Cocaine (Sander van Doorn Remix)
Wardt - Show My Shuffle

pretty much just showcased the album, but what can you expect, free event... lol... also got some good videos... i think i got each track on video.

after sander some other guy who did not look familiar at all came on... so we left. i had a in terrible headache anyway. so we never found out who the "special guest" was. also, a&b never showed. not that i care one bit, but for those that are curious. left around 5:40, when the event was only till 6. so i dont really know what else they were gonna have planned, if anything at all.

that sander signed... :D

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement