return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Clean Deep Bass in Logic
View this Thread in Original format
costizzle
how would you make a deep bass like in many of mark mendes's songs. im using logic 8 btw. i can make a deep sine bass but i need to make it sound cleaner...any suggestions?
System101
i know he uses FL.. not sure what VSTs he uses anymore.. i haven't seen the kid in years..
theartfulducker
BBE Sonic maximiser can be good for bringing your basslines out from the mix and making them sound 'crisper', and you can play with how much you bring the sub end out. Don't use it to much tho. Some synths tend to be clearer sounding than others. Find one with a great strong clear sine wave.
Layering higher octave oscilators in there can sound good and strong and bring out clarity. Also you may want to try layering some different oscilators in there like a square or saw that have more higher end sharpness in them. Hope this is helpfull :)
Tt1
I suggest the same as T.A.D...get yourself a clean sound and try Equalizing and/or Maximizing the sound. I use Waves Maxx Bass when I need to get more of the deep end to show up in my basses.
Waza
Also you could try using Vintage Warmer i use the PSP can bring a little life into it.
flutlicht junky
Can you explain a bit more about what sound you mean as you cant get much cleaner and pure than a sine bass, it has very little extra harmonics.
theartfulducker
In my expierience not all sine waves are equal. For instance Albino has a rather insipid sounding sine where as Zeta has a solid strong sounding one.
costizzle
can i get those programs people were talkin about on a mac? also im looking for a good off beat bass for trance. anyone know any synths from logic or others software i guess that i could use to make that sound?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement