return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
This is the end
View this Thread in Original format
Lira
quote:
German photographer Walter Schels was terrified of death, but felt compelled to take these extraordinary series of portraits of people before and on the day they died. His partner Beate Lakotta recorded the poignant and revealing interviews with the subjects in their final days. The couple tell Joanna Moorhead how facing death changed how they felt about dying - and living

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2...ss&feed=science

I'm not going to give much of my opinion just yet. Instead, I'm just going to post the link to this series of pictures, and let you guys form your opinions without any interference of mine. It's a really moving portrait of death, through the lenses of an old man and his partner, who captured the image and the thoughts of people whose death was imminent.
Lira

Are you guys feeling miserable as well, was the title misleading, or are you upset this wasn't an April fools thread? :p
pkcRAISTLIN
i see dead people!

-----

and no, i didnt find it miserable, actually rather creepy. i dont see the point of obsessing over the vessel after it has been emptied.
AlphaStarred
'Heiner’s friends clearly didn’t want him to be sad and were trying to take his mind off things. They watched football with him just like they used to do: they brought in beers, cigarettes, had a bit of a party in the room. “Some of them even say ‘get well soon’ as they’re leaving; ‘hope you’re soon back on track, mate!’” says Heiner, wryly. “But no one asks me how I feel. Don't they get it? I'm going to die!”'

Must have been an important game.
phyrrus
weird seams inside the gold mine
AlphaStarred
This is great:

'Klara Behrens knows she hasn’t got much longer to live. “Sometimes, I do still hope that I’ll get better,” she says. “But then when I’m feeling really nauseous, I don’t want to carry on living. And I’d only just bought myself a new fridge-freezer! If I’d only known!”'
Lira
^^^^
I lol'd at that too.
quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
i see dead people!

:stongue:
quote:
and no, i didnt find it miserable, actually rather creepy. i dont see the point of obsessing over the vessel after it has been emptied.

hmm... maybe I'm still mourning the death of my godmother but I did get pensive after seeing those pics.

But that's just me :p
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
^^^^
I lol'd at that too.

:stongue:

hmm... maybe I'm still mourning the death of my godmother but I did get pensive after seeing those pics.

But that's just me :p

Im an insensitive cvnt. It takes a lot to bother me if there's no direct relationship to me, and my normal coping mechanism is to make jokes about stuff like that anyway.

ive always said lira, you exude pleasantness :) :)
Lira
quote:
ive always said lira, you exude pleasantness :) :)

Anyway, I really don't think you're insensitive. If that were the case, you wouldn't mind religious zealots ;) :p
AlphaStarred
Lira, have you read Plotinus's musings over beauty? I think it should delight you not a little: http://eawc.evansville.edu/anthology/beauty.htm

Lira
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred
Lira, have you read Plotinus's musings over beauty? I think it should delight you not a little: http://eawc.evansville.edu/anthology/beauty.htm

Looks really interesting. Bookmarked it, thanks :)
gehzumteufel
this was very intriguing. good read.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement