return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

KRK RP-8 Vs Yamaha HS80
View this Thread in Original format
provugab
Hi everybody, here I am again :P asking about monitors... And im between the Rp-8 and HS80, I have read a lot about them, but I dont understand a lot and I wanted to know which do you guys think are better.

Thanks!
cryophonik
Yamaha HS80Ms. No contest (IMHO, of course).
Ray_Chappell
I've got KRK's... and have been wanting to trade them for awhile now. I'll probably end up buying the Yamaha's as a second set, but if I had it to do again I'd get the Yamaha's. It's personal preference, but I find myself hearing something completely different through the KRK's than I have through a friend's Yamaha's... could be my ears, could the monitors. KRK's have been good to me, I hate to knock them, but they just require more tweaking for me personally after mixing.
aLviNx80
They're both great monitors. You won't go wrong either way, but I would go for the yamahas if I had a choice.
echosystm
HS80M
Storyteller
Just listened to them last week in the music shop for fun. HS80M wins hands down for me. A lot more detail in there.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement