return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

DUAL DJING - how to set it up?
View this Thread in Original format
tongaface
Hi i was wondering how to setup my gear so that i can dj with a mate as in have 2 mixers and 4 decks all together.

I tried this to no avail:

MINE:

CDJ _ MIXER _ CDJ

MINE mixer ouput into one of HIS channels

HIS:

CDJ _ MIXER _ CDJ

HIS MIXER OUPUT into the speakers

Any ideas on how to make this work?
idoru
I fail to see how that setup isn't going to work, as that is typically how you'll setup a 2x4. Just set up your gear normally and send your mixers out signal to an extra channel on your friends mixer, or vice versa. Simple.
tongaface
okay thanks we only tried it once then gave up so we prob made a mistake somewhere in there

ill unplugged everything and start from scratch

cheers!
SteelWolf
Did you plug into PHONO instead of Line? that might be it.
DannyO
Yup, thats how I've set it up before and it works great, I'd recommend using your "record out" of one of your mixers to feed into a channel on the other mixer so you don't send too high of a signal by accident.
Inertia
also, a nice thing to do, is even if your mixer out goes into one of his channels, and his is the "master mixer" by which sound gets to the speakers, if he has an extra out you can plug into your mixer too, it's good if you want to headphone monitor what he's playing instead of relying purely on speakers.
spike_boy69
I've often wondered how this is done, say you have person 1's mixer going into channel 1 of person 2's mixer. Person 2 can mix easily, but how when it gets back to person 1, how does he fade the tune thats playing? As they would need to lower the channel 2/3/4 etc on Person 2's mixer
tongaface
hey guys i tried it again it worked but the song coming from my mixer through his channel is reallllllllly distorted.

I have to turn my mixer volume down to like just above nothing for it not to sound distorted

but then i cant crank the gain on the other mixer because itll sound distorted

any halp?
skip
quote:
Originally posted by tongaface
hey guys i tried it again it worked but the song coming from my mixer through his channel is reallllllllly distorted.

I have to turn my mixer volume down to like just above nothing for it not to sound distorted

but then i cant crank the gain on the other mixer because itll sound distorted

any halp?

plug it in the line input, not phono ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement